Project: Doom 3

Ok guys, need some more opinion on this one. I was thinking of doing mulitple windows on the side panel with rounded edges and rivots rather than just one big window...OR something like this below...i think it looks cool, but i'm leaning maybe more toward 2 or 3 smaller windows arranged in a nice arrangement using real glass....regardless, what do ya'll think....something like the pictures below??? (i used some old panels i had laying around to test with)

HPIM0449.sized.jpg

HPIM0450.sized.jpg

gclg2000 said:
Ok guys, need some more opinion on this one. I was thinking of doing mulitple windows on the side panel with rounded edges and rivots rather than just one big window...OR something like this below...i think it looks cool, but i'm leaning maybe more toward 2 or 3 smaller windows arranged in a nice arrangement using real glass....regardless, what do ya'll think....something like the pictures below??? (i used some old panels i had laying around to test with)

http://www.namike.com/albums/album01/HPIM0449.sized.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.namike.com/albums/album01/HPIM0450.sized.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

That is one cool window, until you have to move it.

BIGG_RAY said:
i vote smaller windows.....and dont cut yourself! that looks dangerous! :eek:

yeah i know, hopefully you don't have a cat or something similar :p.

looks cool though

Mabey do a smaller window like that, but more toned down. mabey just 3 claw marks that are tearing through aposed to one square one. Looks to prosise, rember monster doesnt think of how much you will be able to see inside, he just wants out. but i would definatly go with the ripped look, but dont have them sticking out like that. I am realy pictureing 3 claw marks comming down at an angle (not sure if you understand what i mean) but that is just what i see.

JEEVES

I agree with the toned down window...like claws ripped through. That window, while interesting, is down right dangerous.

gclg2000 said:
kinda like Wolverine??? I understand and i think that would look very good.
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been thinking. Three scratch marks running diagonally across the panel. maybe have them break through somewhat along the way and then pull out a chunk 4" across at the end of the "slash" so that you can have a small window in addition to a few holes along the scratch the the rippled effect the scratch would cause.

Yeah guys please keep the idea's coming...i want opinions and criticism to help make the case turn out real good.
I have finished most of the painting to the motherboard tray. The look im going for is almost straight out of the game. Everyone that has played the game please tell me if the below reminds you of "doom3" textures. I wanted it to look "bloody" and aged somewhat, as if the blood has soaked in real well and has been there for a week or so. Also i was going for the slight "rusty" look, how do yall like the below pics?

4_G.sized.jpg

2_G.sized.jpg

3_G.sized.jpg

I think the case coloring looks good. You just need it to shine more so it looks like it's from the game. :p (slight overuse of that feature in every new game)

Ok guys, i'll try to get a better red paint to match the game more and add some more "bloody" smears, drops, blots and etc....

This is def gonna be a fun mod--I like the torn side panel!...for the blood, try mixing a blood color (not sure if you want it dry or fresh) and making it very thin--then with a brush drip the paint on the panel starting at the top while leaning the panel slightly. Let the "blood' drip naturaly and pool up near the bottom--this should be a real messy job (for the worktable) if done this way but it should work out. You can also make very realistic blood spatter by soaking a household sponge in blood paint (I mean soaked) and then placing it near your part---with something heavy, SMASH the sponge and the blood will spatter and even drip. This is how those creepy forensic guys on TV recreate scenes. :eek:

jhtevans said:
Try to incorporate that kick-ass fruit bowl you have there....

That made me ROFL so hard. Probably because I thought something similar when I saw it on the table next to the case. It just looks so out of place next to something you think is supposed to look evil.

gclg2000, sorry I didn't repond after the chainsaw mentioning. My cable modem died seconds after hitting the submit button and Time Warner just replaced it. I'm thrilled that you are going to use an actual blade in the case. That should look freaken sweet. Just add some monster blood to the blades for added effect. I agree with CrimsonSky's idea of using a sponge to splatter the blood (it is too rust colored). I was going to mention the same thing. Don't forget that the motherboard panel will mostly be covered up by your motherboard so it doesn't have to have as many details as the rest of the case.

Ok guys, here are some more paint job updates....added some darker red to the frame and motherboard tray (MB tray update not shown) and started the keyboard. Tell me what ya'll think...

CF.sized.jpg

CF_2.sized.jpg

CF_3.sized.jpg

CF_4.sized.jpg

KB.sized.jpg

KB_1.sized.jpg

KB_2.sized.jpg

Looks kind of orange to me (maybe the camera) but the fourth shot down looks great (as does the keyboard)!

damn, the keyboard looks awesome, as does the rest.
cant wait to see the finished product.

thx guys...Trying to find the right LCD screen around town or on the interent for the front of my case now. Plus i've still got a super cool idea that everyone will love...More pics to come soon!

And also, i was just looking around 2cooltek (since they are closing :( ) and lauged when i saw this...(from a 12gauge shotgun)
gun6.jpg

I was thinking about doing that...what do ya'll think? AND imma lay some metal grating in the floor of the PC like you see in the game.

Me likes 12 guage shotgun blasts a whole lot :D

Either three or four of them, or maybe a line of bullets holes ala automatic assault rifle style.

Great work and cant wait to see the finished product.

a suggestion for the rez (very fucking sweet, awsome building job there) i would try and see how copper bars would look but insted of going up and down have them going around it, like where the sheet of plexi is hovering over mid air and lower and the waterline. Also if you went with this you could have a copper bottom and top which could look really sick in my opinion, just my 2 cents

·PitBuLL· said:
That keyboard is sick dude! I also love the foot print on the bottom of the case, keep it up!
I don't know what the feet look like where you come from, but out here that is a hand print :D .

Oh i just had a sick idea for the keyboard, maybe if you got some clear keys (maybe homemade or from that microsoft one) you could use some el wire to make a pentagram that lights up every once in a while like in the game! just an idea

heh, thx guys...i'll get some more stuff up soon. Good luck to all of those starting another semester (including me :mad: ).

here be the early stages for the motherboard tray cover. Made out of plexiglass, and jointed together with acrylic cement. It's an old piece of 1/4" plexiglass i found around, so it already had the "dirty" appearance i was looking for...but i think im going to wash it all off good and try to get it to look like dirty water just ran down it. Still going to add "steel" trim to the edges of the tray to give it a harder industrial appearance.

HPIM0050.sized.jpg

HPIM0051.sized.jpg

HPIM0054.sized.jpg

Looks good g! Where did you get the acrylic cement? I picked up two small sheets of Lexan at HD today for my case to make a PCI slot cover but couln't find the glue anywhere.

got it from a hobbie shop...i'm not sure if i like it or not...it may be to tall and imma wash it some, then see how it looks

I've got alot of acrylic cement, try hobby stores and Walmart. They have a small section for models and that stuff (I like to build Gundam and military models in my free time, drives the chicks wild.;) lol).

Sobek said:
Looks good g! Where did you get the acrylic cement? I picked up two small sheets of Lexan at HD today for my case to make a PCI slot cover but couln't find the glue anywhere.

Try TAP Plastics if you have one in your area.

I dig the paint on the case and keybd...that bloody handprint looks badass. The dirty acrylic is sweet, but may be a little too dirty. I'm sure it would look sick with some blood drips running down on the inside.

The resevoir looks freakin awesome. The brackets are cool, but I'd find some thinner ones and get them all rusty and shit. that "blood" in the res. looks almost flourescent...maybe some red leds and some UV leds underneath the res. to kind of light it up a bit? (not too much though).

I like the shotgun blast - needs to be bigger though...maybe a few shots right next to each other? only problem is it goes in, not out.... can't wait for more updates.

Back