Project: Diabolo

Luciel

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
191
Hi Everyone!

So, this time round it won´t be a case revival or a "Mod in a Week" project, mainly because Cooler Master has decided I should have a HAF X and well, I kind of want to take my time with such a nice case :D!

cm.gif


Now, I am useless at google sketch and that kind of software that you guys use, not to mention drawing! So I will try to explain the concept of project Diabolo.

If any of you saw my Fallout Cause project (http://www.neonit.net/) you´ll know that, more than anything else, I enjoy painting, and with my previous project (Acid Burn) it was a pretty simple paint scheme, no matter how detailed it was and I feel like playing with shades and effects again so... I´m going to (or try to) turn this gorgeous HAF X in to a demon, (the fact I played through Doom 3 and it´s expansion again the other day ... may have something to do with it!

So, I will be using foam and epoxy (with internal reinforcing) to build 2 massive horns that will go through the lenght of the top of the case, depending on how these come out, I might also add a pointed tail. Aside from this, I will be modifying the body (it´s going to hurt bashing it in) and adding "skin deformations" to give it that tough demon skin look.

Paint wise, black, with dark red/purple skin tones, and bright-ish red details to accentuate irregularities in the skin. For the horns, I´m thinking white-ish cream with a dark brown dry brush touch, or I may go with dark colours like the rest of the case, we shall see!

Hardware wise, the wonderfull people at Cooler Master (I´m looking at you Gert!) have also sent me an awesome 80+ 1000w PSU. I will be using an ASUS P8P67 Sabertooth (I´ve chosen this mobo because of it´s thermal armor, which I can modify to match the design), with an Intel i5 2500k. 2x Asus ENGTX 275, a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality, 3x Seagate Barracuda 750Gb S-ATA2 drives and a Pioneer cd/dvd combo drive.

Other hardware like fan controllers, memory card readers and so forth I will add as I see fit if I can put them in to the design.

Right, for those of you who saw my week in a mod project (acid burn) you might remember my work place was a complete mess for several reasons I won´t go in. So, first thing´s first, let´s sort this place out!!!!!!

3.JPG


4.JPG


Quite a mess huh? I should also mention it´s currently 37c... and rather humid...ugh!

5.JPG


Yup that´s my old Fallout Cause sitting there waiting to be either sold or re-purposed :/ and of course, the goodies from CM!

Right so, assorted cables and accesories, sorted!

6.JPG


Assorted Hardware, sorted!

7.JPG


Bits and bobs, sorted!

8.JPG


Tools, sorted!

9.JPG


Workbench, sorted!

10.JPG


I can´t stress it enough, Thanks CM!

11.JPG


Let´s start unpacking...

12.JPG


13.JPG


14.JPG


15.JPG


And that´s it for now, tomorrow I pick up the materials needed to start the transformation of the case!
 
You lucky dog! I need to show off some modding skills so i get free shit.

As for your work, it's great and im watching to see how this one will come out. Awesome of course.
 
Thanks! I hope so, I´ve never used epoxy before so it´s going to be quite the experience (specially the apparently awfull sanding process that epoxy requires).
 
Back
Top