project CRT²PC

Hey fellow modders.

Fisrt i have to tell you I live in Belgium so some words i do not know in English. But I wanted to share my mod whith you guys.

Me and en friend of mine had an idea to build a complete pc-setup in a normal crt monitor,
A kind of Imac but suitable for gaming and OC'ing.

We have already picked some hardware out for this time taking project

-Motherbord: ASUS A7N8X-VM microATX
-Processor: AMD athlon XP 3200+
-RAM : 2x DDR module 512 Mb - PC3200 (400) - Apacer
-Hard disks: 4x Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 - 200 Gb 7200 RPM - 8Mb data storrage and 1x WD 37Gb for system software
-PSU: Enermax EG375AX-VE-G-SFMA - Power Supply 370W

The somebody told uss thie idea had allready been made so whe must do bether.
We Chose to integrate watercooling in our system

The watercooling

e1048.gif

73286.jpg

Maze4-AMD_250.jpg

alphacool_agb1.jpg

So whe have a plan to build this thing.

whe are going to do this in stages because averything is a bit expensive to by all at once.

First update

cleaning out the crt monitor :

I've already baught a TFT monitor to buil in this system it's a Packard Bell L15c

calcoml15c.jpg

Hope you guys like this project because its going to take a while

i've always wanted to do one of these... i just lack the funds. now you're doing one (and i can pretend its mine! we both win!)

good luck with it.

we ran in to a little trouble MYST my associate works i a pc store and they don't sell AMD so we made a new hardware list this time a bit better than the previous

Specs are updated!:
-Motherboard: Intel mATX(865chipset, 2x ide, 2xsata, vga/audio on board)
-CPU: Pentium4 3,00GHz
-RAM memory: 2x DDR module 512 Mb - PC3200 (400) - Apacer
-Hard drive: DATA 4x Western Digital Caviar 250Gb sata
SYSTEM: 1x 40 gb, as fast as possible, suggestions?
-Power supply: modular power supply Ultra X-Connect 500W Ultra Modular Black Titanium

Whe have limmited fund becauss all of it is comming out of my pocket
A rough estamette is arround 2000€ or 1800$

once again srry for my english

Looks like a cool idea indeed! I once had a 14" monitor converted into a fish tank (wish the screen was that flat when it was in use! :p )

How are you doing the resevoir? Were you thinking of something like a "tank" in place of the front screen with a CCFL in the back lighting up the components inside that can be seen through the resevoir tank? (almost like that fishtank side panel for the lian-li's a while back...only this would be useful :p )

The meaning is it looks like an ordenary CRT monitor the tft comes in the front everthing else wil be inside in a lexane structure...

We let some people design a logo for the mod and whe came up withs tis ideas

logo1.jpg

as made bij mij girlfriend

or

test.jpg

as made by Xavyer on GOT en Plasticblue for the remoddeling

plz give some comments and if you have idea's be welcomme to share them

Well, the first one looks a little too much like Pac-Man. The second one is cool, but a little too busy.

What about this?
crt2pc_logo.jpg

hahah ya, ive seen a few of these and they look sweet. i cant wait to see some progress on it.

Adisharr said:
This guy writes better English than a lot of Americans

Thx fot the compliment... but writing is a lot harder dan speaking... I only had 2 years of basic english on school so i try to manage :D

Soul__Assassin said:
Thx fot the compliment... but writing is a lot harder dan speaking... I only had 2 years of basic english on school so i try to manage :D

I actually find that writing English is much easier than speaking it. I myself speak 2 languages. English and Bad English. However, I'm more prominent in the latter :D

nst6563 said:
I actually find that writing English is much easier than speaking it. I myself speak 2 languages. English and Bad English. However, I'm more prominent in the latter :D

and I speak Worse English and WFT did you say?

they are cool but messy, the only one i can make out that looks decent in #13

nst6563 said:

Writing English is hard because of all the wacky rules it has that you can basically ignore when you're speaking.

I before E when? Who cares, just make the right sound ;)

Sounds like a great project, but is a terabyte of hard drive space necessary? I can't imagine what you'd store on that much space :eek:

good luck with your mod, I'm very interested to see the final project though :)

Well, we often go to lanparties, and Soul__Assasin loves to leech lots and lots of gigabytes :) He's now at a lan with his shuttle and more then 800Gb, and I think he won't have much space free on monday :D
Grtz and thanks to everybody who loves our mod in progress,
~MYST~

I'm even as we speak on a lanparty

I'm curently sharing over 500 gigabytes???? ik have 250 free gigabytes left the rest u use as a systemdisk

This is the set-up ~MYST~ was talkink about. Click for lager image

Here is the first update

Today we attached the housing of the tft to te crt we uses al lot of bondo and an fair deal of patience

How do we get this thing open :s

Found it and it stil works

First bondo of the day by myself

by ~MYST~

a bit of bondo

After some sanding we get close to perfection

fyling down some details

Arg didn't liked the buttons anyway out whith them

End of day one of the real modding
I know its looks like vrap but whe didn't had the tme to sand down the other sides ~Myst~ is going to take care off that
Stay tuned

I have to agree...that logo is the best choice so long as the rest of the project is as clean cut :D

and btw....DAMN! you got some red hair! (my son has red hair...and a bad temper to go with it...but it's not as red as yours!)

We had a Logo so today i made a test glowpad with some leftover plexy en 3 blue leds running on 12V DC

led on with flash

led on without flash

led on without flash 2

led out without flash

Tell me how you all like it

yes I am a natural redhead

Just a thought, but I like the shiny "frame" around the words on the graphic you posted. Maybe you could offset all the blue with an aluminum plate to frame the words, and have the blue light show through the words...

...just a thought...I like the metallic look of the graphic is all....and I think a combo of the blue light, etching, and metal would look cool.

This is just a decoration for his desk at the moment, the real idea for the logo is MUCH more sexy ;) (Soul__Assasin is discussing about that at the moment)
Found some time, and here's the result!
(sorry for the bad picture, the light was very poor, and forgot to use flash :rolleyes: )

Grtz,
~MYST~

We have to excuse us because the being offline of the pics, our server is/was a public one, and there where people who found it funny to remove all our pics, twice!
The pics will be normally back online on monday or tuesday
Grtz
~MYST~

Back