Project: Computer Desk

I'm also looking forward to more progress updates. This whole sliding tray drawer window combo doohicky is quite ingenius! :)

looks really nice. i can't wait another 6 months to find out how it looks when finished. :D :p :D

looks really nice. i can't wait another 6 months to find out how it looks when finished. :D :p :D

Heh - So true. It's sad, but generally I can only get up there to work on it about two days a month, and as my wedding gets closer, it'll be less than that.

This whole sliding tray drawer window combo doohicky is quite ingenius! :)

Thank you very much.

Is ther enough room behind the cases for cables to plug into the cards?

Barely - what, on paper, looked like enough, will, in reality, barely fit. When (in a couple years) I get around to making 'Desk 2.0' The cable tray will be about 6 inches deep instead of the 2.25" it is now.

Heh, nice "drawers" ... can we see the detailed plans for those?

Unfortunately, these drawers are so different then the ones I designed, the plans wouldn't really do any good. But, here's the specs. They're 18.5" long and 17" wide and 8.5" deep. If you look closely at the pictures of the drawer, you'll see a dato in the wood that allows the drawer bottom (1/4" fiberboard) to slide in from the back. The cuts on the side are, I believe, 11" long and 4" deep, set .5" from the top.

Back