Project Case Cleanup

DlStreamnet

Limp Gawd
So I was 15 and an avid user of www.HabboHotel.co.uk, I ended up using my skills to make over £1000 on it. There I was, 8 or so months ago and decided to buy my first pc. I built it myself.

I started with glitsy lights and bells, buzzers and the works. I ended up with a crappy Lcd case, and it was ugly and totally unfunctional for overclocking.

Room%20(2).jpg

The case. Specs of computer;

Amd Athlon 3000+ @ 2.2Ghz
Pov 7800Gt 256Mb
Msi K8n Neo4 Platinum Sli
2x 512Mb Corsair Xms (2-3-3-7) @ 200Mhz
1x Seagate Barracuda 120Gb
1x Seagate Barracuda 200Gb
Lifeview Tvr Tuner
Lg Dvd Dual Layer Writer
Generic Dvd Writer

Logitech Mx510 Mouse
Logitech Lx300 Keyboard
Logitech x130 Speakers

Dual Booting Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) & Windows Xp Home.

The work as of 11am this morning;

Pc%20(1).jpg

Front off, removed all buttons/lcd/extra crap like Floppy drive buttons.

Pc%20(2).jpg

Next was to remove the button, the trigger for this mod was to fix the on button, I had ripped out the connecting wire and had to resolder it...I removed it above, and resoldered it. I then had to remove the plastic mounting bracket, and done the same for the reset button.

Pc%20(5).jpg

Then I was here. I removed all the components from inside and binned the Generic Dvd Writer and Floppy drive (well, parts bin, not bin bin).

DSCF0001.JPG

The front was cleaned up and prepped for a thin layer of bondo to remove all the imperfections, slight dents/dings etc. Still needs to have a light sanding over it though. 2 of the expansion bays have had the covers put back in ready to be covered up, I only need 2 expansion bays and so I have removed them.

DSCF0004.JPG

My girlfriend came over at this point, and demanded attention. She ended up rebuilding the case to the above standards, while I was downstairs - lol.

Plans for tomorrow;

Sand case down
Remove case imperfections
Cut a hole in the motherboard tray to remove majority of the material
Cut hole in side of the case (behind motherboard tray)
Cut racks down to a smaller more managable size and test mount them (2 CD Drive bays and 3 hard drive bays)
Prep everything for paint, bondo holes such as floppy drive, buttons etc.
Spray black glossy about 3 coats hopefully to get a good thickness, masking off the inside
Spray inside glossy white to make it pretty, fill any holes in of course.
Spray dvd drive masks (only need one, but I may aswell do two masks)

Then I should be able to let the paint dry and be ready for assembly tomorrow. I have set up a small heater in the workshop downstairs (my brothers babies cooler & heater, lol) so it should speed the process up a bit.

xLiquidx said:
Lol habbo hotel.
Dude, I was on in at 14, and I left it at around 14 and 3/4 being one of the 'richest' people on there, I sold all the shit on eBay and made a fortune :p

DlStreamnet said:
Dude, I was on in at 14, and I left it at around 14 and 3/4 being one of the 'richest' people on there, I sold all the shit on eBay and made a fortune :p

Yeah thats cool and all but I have no idea what you are talking about. :) Explain?

Basically I collected all the items on there and then eBayed them, making the money. The next day I bought the above pc.

Back