[Project] Blue SteeL

P£P§!™

Limp Gawd
*Started on another forum and I am now postiing it here to catch you guys up to where i am at now in this project*

Hey all, Well i decided to go ahead and post my case mod that i just started with my Xbox 360. I will be cutting and painting the case. I will keep you guys updated as I go through this process. I am in a rush so I am short on time so I will take lots of pics and post them as i go ...I'm trying to make this a 3 day process so bare with me...

Project Inspiration:
blue%20steel.jpg
(Ben Stiller-Zoolandr-Blue Steel Pose)
Day 1:
Template for Cut and Paint:
msb360.png

^ This is just a template of what the actual case is going to look like when i am done. The black part is the part that is going to be cut out. The blue blurry lines are where the 2xBlue 4in CCL will be placed..Still debating blue or white lights.
Here is the paing i am going to use
metalspecks_product_1.jpg

^It's a metallic speck blue.

First Cuts and Sanding the old paint off the faceplate.....

CIMG4183.jpg

CIMG4324.jpg

CIMG4325.jpg

CIMG4327.jpg

CIMG4328.jpg

Faceplate : It has already been sanded and primered I need to sand it down again tommorow
CIMG4341.jpg

CIMG4342.jpg

Case:This side has already been sanded down , I cut the holes out but i stopped so i could take a pic
CIMG4343.jpg

CIMG4345.jpg

I finished sanding down the back side of the case and started primering. I'm s
Picture of the sanded down fan grill...theis took forever!
CIMG4346.jpg

Primered and ready to go:
CIMG4350.jpg

Sanded the faceplate with a 1000Grit .( It was already primered):
CIMG4355.jpg

Then I Found my self doing this.....

First coat: ( Light coat)
CIMG4356.jpg

Second coat:( Medium Coat)
CIMG4357.jpg

Third Coat: (Wet Coat)
CIMG4364.jpg

I still Have to clear coat it, but as of now this thing looks cool :D

Well after spending 5 hours in line at the apple store this morning i didn't get my phone :( , so I cam home and started working on my proj.
First I sanded down the primer on the side of the case and dusted off all of the residue. Then after clearing that off i started the painting phase

Side case First Coat(Light):
CIMG4371.jpg

Side Case Second Coat(Medium):
CIMG4372.jpg

Side Case Third Coat(Med-Wet):
CIMG4373.jpg

CIMG4375.jpg

Side Case Fourth Coat(Wet):
Still Haven't Finished the last coat a painting incident occured and i need to fix it

After that i decided to clear coat my faceplate to see how it looks and all i have to say is ...WOW I couldn't believe how professional it looked I am very impressed with my self and hope the rest of the case looks as good as this faceplate....

Faceplate Glossed(First Gloss):
CIMG4378.jpg

Faceplate Gloss(Second Gloss):
CIMG4393.jpg

I Repainted the side that i started on in the previous post because of a mis-paint so i had to re sand that side primer it then paint and clear coat AGAIN...took all day ,but I did it for you guys ;)

Pics of the 4 layer of gloss ..SUPER SHINY!, Hope You like it!

CIMG4403.jpg

CIMG4400.jpg

Case side and faceplate....Man Gloss is my new bestfriend :D
CIMG4445.jpg

CIMG4447.jpg

CIMG4444.jpg

I haven't done the window side because i am having some difficulty with sanding the edges where the window is going to be, i can't seem to get the line straight..I'm using just sandpaper and my hand if anyone has an idea just post please , I forgot how i did it on the last case I did.

What the deal whit the 3+ 360 boxes you got there. Starting your own modding business?

What the deal whit the 3+ 360 boxes you got there. Starting your own modding business?
Nah I have them all networked with my computers for parties so i can just stream my playlist instead of buying blank cd's

Those cuts are way uneven..

obviously that's why i am sanding them down, it's hard to free hand cut with a dremel ..

P£P§!™;1032779653 said:
Nah I have them all networked with my computers for parties so i can just stream my playlist instead of buying blank cd's

:eek: why use 360s for that?! there's gotta be a cheaper, [H]arder way.

:eek: why use 360s for that?! there's gotta be a cheaper, [H]arder way.

yeah , but it is nice to have it like that and also if the people are wasted it's funny to put in halo and have a game and they can't kill anything

Back