Project: Black Death

atom said:
I like the small window but now you have to do something to the rest of the panel its blank.
nah looks good as is, dont go cutten the crap outa it making the thing look rediculous. great mod btw

@Project_2501
at the moment i also have no idea but ill update my sys up to 2 gig ram, so ill also have to think about a new mounting method

@atom
no the case is finished
therell be nothing at the other side of the case
that would be too much

but i finished the cap of the res

lianli30.jpg

i uses silicon "paper"(?)/foil to seal the res

I've got to say that your res is one of the cooler thing's I've ever seen in a true custom job. Amal is subscibed to this thread.

Looks like a halloween UV funhouse. Nice work on the custom waterblocks though- and I've never seen a res quite like that.

Love it! Ive been attracted to UV things lately and this is simply beautiful.

I like the mirror window and the ram cooler. :) I think I'll make a ram cooler like that, tho I fear mine will look ghetto. A little more glowy neon than I like, but looks great! (no drooling smilie? I'd have used it. It almost makes me hungry.)

I got the same mobo and some uv, but your mod puts mine to shame.

excellent job, it looks very good. I am curious though, how did you come to get the skills to do this kind of work? I see other people doing mods with your degree of precision and professional looking results. Just curious if this is a hobby you do and your experience over the years is what allowed you to be so good at it?

I have been making an external water box the past couple weeks (new to water cooling) and have been having alot of fun modding an old case and making stuff out of sheet metal etc, but the lack of the proper tools and the know how make my results less than desirable sometimes.

thanks for the compliments :) :)

@doox00
for me it is just a hobby to relax in my break of studies
but this is not my first mod and also not my first water block and it will not be the last i hope
it is always lerning by doing :)

FREAKING AWESOME! My friend linked your worklog on his blog, and my eyes popped out of my sockets :eek: looking at your pics. Time to go get them surgically reattached...

1) Is the first plexi layer an accelerator plate to squirt water onto those little hole thingies?

2) Is the coolant UV reactive, or is the tubing UV reactive? If it's the tubing, what tubing are you using?

3) I'd like to rip off your waterblock design. Failing to do so, I'd like buy some from you.

4) How heavy is the case? Is it like a tank? Does it get any lighter removing all of the unneccessary crap from the inside? Thanks...

info on that "special film" please :) im getting a new case and thats exactly what i want to do to it!!!! :) (window that is)

@n00btard
1) yes
2)its the tubing
i use PUR, got them from a german online store
3)sorry i dont build those block for money
but you can, if you want copy the design and build you own
4) i never put it on a acale

@Worminater
the card runs with standard clock

@atherton213
i could give you the german name for the foil and the online shop
www.modulor.de
Sonnenschutz/Spion-Spiegel(klebe)folie 20R

but i have a big update
first i got my new 7900gt card, and a black ice 2 pro

here is the new black ice, and the aquastream in the case

lianli39.jpg

and the 7900gt

79gt2.jpg

79gt3.jpg

79gt8.jpg

79gt9.jpg

79gt10.jpg

lianli36.jpg

lianli37.jpg

Yeah, the small window is nice but the rest of the panel I have to agree looks a little blank.

The work inside is amazing, I love the res. Great work.

Damn, that's some nice work there bud!

For whoever was asking about the 'special' film, it's called Chrome or Mirror automotive tint. You can also get a transitional variety - with the chrome tint at the top, and dark tint at the bottom.

@Noni
yes its very "blank" but thats is what i like
a very clean case, but strong glowing water cooling stuff
its a good contrast

@n00btard
maybe i could help you ;)
the ram block are only 8mm high
1mm for cap and the bottom
and 6mm for the middle channel part ;)

at the moment i am working on a new res
when its ready, ill test my new water block

duese-kk6.1.jpg

duese-kk6.2.jpg

duese-kk6.4.jpg

duese-kk6.3.jpg

that mod is definately [H]ot!!

/subscribed

i look forward to seeing more.

im back :D

just working on an new res

ab3.3.jpg

ab3.4.jpg

ab3.5.jpg

ab3.6.jpg

after some tempering and gluing the res and the new water block are now working in the system
and the new water block is about 4°-5°C better than the old one :jawdrop:

here are some pictures after all being installed

ab3.7.jpg

ab3.9.jpg

ill try to make more pictures the next days

Vito Corleone :)

that sh*t is gross!!!
nice work man. yes two too many colors give it its appeal though..
cant wait till your done.

I love the black tubing! I am a little confused at the new resevoir, but man does it look cool. Great mod man. Love the contrast with the stark plain black of the case and the wild UV interior.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back