• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Big Water Little Case

Slibri

n00b
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
1
I have had a variety of cases over the years. From a server case to a shuttle. My most recent case was a Cooler Master HAF 932. Although this case did work very well to fit all my water cooling very well my one issue with it is it's size. Being a Full-Tower case the HAF was not very portable and being a college student it gets moved a lot, being on the third floor doesn't help either. So as a result I have decided to cram all my water cooling into a Mid-Tower case, specifically the Cougar Solution, to make it much more portable we'll see how it goes.

Here is a list of what I have for water cooling components:
-Swiftech MCR 320 Radiator (Triple 120mm radiator) ;)
-Koolance 3x120mm Fan Radiator Shroud
-Swiftech MCP 350 Pump
-XSPC Laing Pump top Reservoir
-Koolance CPU-330 Water block
-Bitspower 1/2 x 3/4 Compression Fittings
-Scythe KM02-BK Fan Controller/ Temperature Monitor

Here is a list of the new parts I am using to upgrade my computer while I'm at it.
-AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz AM3+ Eight-Core Processor
-Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX Motherboard
-Gigabyte GTX 680 4GB
-G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1866
-Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD
-Western Digital Black 1TB Hard Drive
-LG Blu-ray Drive

Here are some before pics of the case

39712c32-99c5-432a-afa2-d62a155e4db0_zps357d1ffb.jpg


Here is the Koolance Triple 120mm Fan shroud on top of the case

2013-04-10145238_zps97660ee1.jpg


Here is the "Naked" case with the top taped ready to be cut.

2013-04-10223450_zps1ccc2d85.jpg


Here is a closer picture of what I plan to cut out of the top of the case. Yes that big rectangle in the middle is going byebye :D

2013-04-10223530_zps5f437ede.jpg
 
I like the Koolance Fan Shroud. I've considered using one on my old coolermaster case. It looks like it should be a fun build. Can't wait to see the results!
 
Back
Top