Project: Bar/LAN room

I wanna see the mod! Time to get some web hosting!

Check out Dreamhost who offers unlimited bandwidth and storage for the price of a cheeseburger & fries a month. I've lived by it for years, it's great not having to use dodgy photo upload sites. PM me if you want a referral link ;)

looks awesome man! How is the cooling in the room, I know my LANs that we had in a house got super hot even in middle of winter with windows open lol.

How do you set the room up for a 12 man lan? Are they using the bar to put their monitors on?

Keep up the good work! Hopefully my first house I buy will have a basement that I can remodel.

looks awesome man! How is the cooling in the room, I know my LANs that we had in a house got super hot even in middle of winter with windows open lol.

How do you set the room up for a 12 man lan? Are they using the bar to put their monitors on?

It wasn't hot when we did one in December. As for set up. It's 12' wide so we run tables a long the wall opposite the bar for the leng of the room which is 37'. Then we put ones between the bar and the bathroom. If one person didn't bring a 42" tv as a monitor and another bring an eyefinity setup, then we could have done like 14-16 I'm sure.

If someone wanted to do something like this to their basement, can you give us a rough idea how much this has cost you so far?

Thanks

Updated with a rough estimate of prices in the OP.

A lot better than I thought it would cost! But then that would be a different story if you are a noob like me and needs to hire contractors to do it.. I wish I had your skills rusty :D

ughhh just looked through your pictures again making me all jealous lol

One suggestion, and I only say this because I hate bars without them, is put a rail at the bottom of the bar so people can put their feet on it. It makes long sessions at the bar a lot more comfortable I think, might be different for you and your friends but it would irk me like crazy!

Also if you want to put up signs in your bar, check out ebay and bed bath and beyond for some cool ones on the cheap (30ish)

Again awesome work man, you make me want to buy a house lol

How drunk are people getting down there that an exit sign is needed. I mean it's a basement. lol

Looks great!

I was intending on doing an iron bar foot rest however it will get a bit exepensive so I've held off. As for the exit sign. That was a "gift" from a friend as well as the enter sign on the other side of the wall. I'm suprised no one has noticed the TF2 and portal posters.

As far as my "skills" go. This was my frist major project honestly. I took what my father has taught me over the years and kinda just went to town and hoped for the best. It was a good learning experience.

Really nicely done man! I really like this. Okay now...where are you and when's the next party! ;) But seriously, very creative and well done.

OP can you put up some pics from the LAN? Would love to see it! Awesome concept.

Back