Project - ALU

update! :)

mount_59.JPG

mount_60.JPG

Fantastic work so far, definitely watching this one closely. I love the idea for the power switches, however I have one suggestion. I think you should put some black paper (or maybe a thin sheet of black rubber) just behind the switch cutouts so you cannot see into the case. I think that would clean it up a bit. Once again, amazing work, I can't wait to see the work on the other PCs. I vote for making this thread a sticky!

pilotman2004 said:
Fantastic work so far, definitely watching this one closely. I love the idea for the power switches, however I have one suggestion. I think you should put some black paper (or maybe a thin sheet of black rubber) just behind the switch cutouts so you cannot see into the case. I think that would clean it up a bit. Once again, amazing work, I can't wait to see the work on the other PCs. I vote for making this thread a sticky!

yes thats the plan, and but som smooked plexi behind the leds :)

tata! :D

mount_61.JPG

mount_62.JPG

just the backside left, pus some smooked plexi behind the
leds and som black paper or something like that behind
the buttons.

What about attaching just another piece of aluminum behind the little flexible ones to cover the holes but still allowe them to flex? I think it'd keep with the nice shinyness of the case better than black.

There is much beauty in simple, functional designs, and your computer is definitely beautiful! Now you've got me hooked, I want to see the rest of them when you finish them! :D

very good work mr luna !!
I love the case build from scratch :D

ps: i'm modding on infected mushroom............... ;)

i just noticed this on the last picture... are you planning to do anything to the top of the cases? it looks a bit dull compared to the sides to me.

those feet rock:cool:

Awesome! Great use of the heatsink for your PSU! You have the profound ability to continually one-up yourself, nice work. :D

This case is so basic and nice. I love basic cases.

The other good thing about him building his own case, is that he can build places to store wires that he doesn't want to be visible, lol.

Awesome so far!

One thing: You added long wire extensions to the PS power diodes. These might start to radiate due the switching power supply. I wouldnt worry about it unless it proves to be a problem. I would wrap them in AL tape if you have to. You dont have to sheild them 100% just knock down the radiated emissions a little. This would also keep with the theme of Aluminum. ;)

Nice job :) someone ought to change this guys tag from "n00bie" to like "COOLEST DUDE EVA"

(2) The titles that are used on the [H] are based on number of posts made by the members and are based in comparison to RAM

title - posts
n00bie - 0
[H]Lite - 64
Limp Gawd - 128
Gawd - 512
[H]ard|Gawd - 1024
2[H]4U - 2048
[H]ardness Supreme - 4096
[H]ardForum Junkie - 8192
Pick your own.....you deserve it. - 16384

He'll get there. Only 16,346 more posts to go. ;)

i like how in some pics without a size reference it sorta looks like a powersupply, its cool.

ok, Im on again! ;)

the old pic dosent work because of an missed backup before
reinstalling the server :(
but new ones is coming :)

the firewall is done

firewall_01.jpg

firewall_02.jpg

firewall_03.jpg

firewall_04.jpg

firewall_05.jpg

firewall_06.jpg

the htpc is in the air ;)

htpc_01.jpg

htpc_02.jpg

htpc_03.jpg

htpc_04.jpg

htpc_05.jpg

htpc_06.jpg

htpc_07.jpg

htpc_08.jpg

htpc_09.jpg

htpc_10.jpg

htpc_11.jpg

htpc_12.jpg

Damn that is so nice, it's too bad you could be putting a more modern system in there.

Still JUST AWESOME!

Majin said:
Damn that is so nice, it's too bad you could be putting a more modern system in there.

Still JUST AWESOME!

yes i know :(
but it will be mATX standard so there will be room får upgrades! ;)

Back