Project: 33 (HTPC)

Silver Ghost

Limp Gawd
I'm starting a new project, its going to be a HTPC. Calling it 33 because its going to be 3 sides plexi, and 3 sides metal. Its also a reference to my favorite beer (Rolling Rock)

This is going to be a mod on a budget. I'll admit i'm cheap. Also done fairly quickly, hopefully done this next week since i'll be on spring break.

So far i've got the following:
Pioneer Slot loading DVD drive
40gb WD hard drive
PC2100
ATI remote wonder
ATI tv tuner

And on order (should be here monday):
VIA Eden M10000
HEC 200W PSU

As for the case, here is a pic of what i'm thinking
33_gmax_small.JPG

and a bigger version of that pic here overall it will be about 20cm cube

The yellow is the sheet metal, there is plexi on the other 3 sides (its clear and kind of hard to see), PSU is blue, MoBo and TV tuner are Green, DVD aqua, HD red.
The front of the case will have a couple of switches, one for power, and one to eject the drive (although i'm still debating that)

I'm also working on a VB interface, to run overtop of windows, so that i can use everything from the remote.

Good luck, make sure you post pics when you get done.

Looks like it'll be a great mod...

although Rolling Rock tastes/smells like moldy cheese.

yes pics will be present once i get underway, still at school till sunday, then i can start on the case.

And yes rolling rock does have a weird smell, but the taste is all good.

looks like a good plan. the front, top and bottom are to be metal and the sides and rear plexi?

Mmmm......Rolling Rock.....the enigmatic '33' on the back of the bottle.
Does it stand for 1933, the year Prohibition was repealed?
Or is it that the current version of Rolling Rock is the 33rd recipe that had been attempted?
Or is it that 33 letters compose the ingredients: water, malt, rice, hops, corn, brewers' yeast?
Or is it 33 was the union's local number for workers at the brewery?
Perhaps it took 33 steps to get from the brewmaster's office to the brewing floor?
Or is it the number of words in the legend printed above the number on cans and returnable bottles.?

"Rolling Rock from glass lined tanks in the Laurel Highlands. We tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you."

According to James Tito, once the CEO for Latrobe Brewing, admits that the 33 was an accident in the early days of the company. The brand came out around 1939, and they were trying to think up the wording for the back label. Different variation were being passed around, and the one now used had a ´33´ beneath it to indicate it was the shorter, 33-word version. Unfortunately the big 33 was mistaken by the printer to be part of the label, and once they were all printed, it was too late to undo the mistake

Back