Programming lessons?

Also, you can't upload anything to your iDevice without signing up for a $99/year developer account. Emulator only if you don't pay up.

Android you can do whatever you want, but if you want to use the Android marketplace it's $25 one time. But you don't need to pay that just to put it on your device. Plus if you do want to publish your app, you can also use an alternative marketplace like Amazon or one of the countless others that send me spam.

Yep, Objective-C is a very different language than C or C++.

Also, you can't upload anything to your iDevice without signing up for a $99/year developer account. Emulator only if you don't pay up.

Android you can do whatever you want, but if you want to use the Android marketplace it's $25 one time. But you don't need to pay that just to put it on your device. Plus if you do want to publish your app, you can also use an alternative marketplace like Amazon or one of the countless others that send me spam.

Yeah, the Apple way is exactly the way Windows Phone works on the developer side, $99/year and you have to pay just unlock the phone without publishing any apps. Of course for a .NET developer by day it's great to be able to leverage my existing skills and the Visual Studio 2010 and Blend 4 environments for Windows Phone are pretty amazing and productive since I the tools and language. Getting a full grasp of XAML and Silverlight is the hand part for me.

Back