Programmable keyboard?

Biges

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi!

I`m used to my custom keyboard layout, however in my new job we can`t temper with system files (ie installing a custom keyboard DLL), so I consider a programmable keyboard.

But what I need is fully programmable keayboard with on-board memory, so I can set it up at home and just plug in at work via USB, no driver installing.

Thanks

(And yes, Optimus Maximus keyboard would be the best, but it is really out of my budget ;) )

Can you use something like AutoHotKey scripts? You can write your own script, and compile it into a standalone .exe that can be run on any windows system without installing software or drivers.

Otherwise the only hardware programmable keyboard I have ever had experience with is the Gateway Anykey, which are quite old and probably hard to find nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, thanks.
Maybe I could persuade the IT to allow me to install a keyboard driver anyway.

Last edited:
Buying the IT guys lunch a few times does wonders for getting your ticket raised to the top of the queue :p

Can you use something like AutoHotKey scripts? You can write your own script, and compile it into a standalone .exe that can be run on any windows system without installing software or drivers.

Otherwise the only hardware programmable keyboard I have ever had experience with is the Gateway Anykey, which are quite old and probably hard to find nowadays.

Thanks Ruahrc! I managed to change the AutoHotKey, more precisely Portable Keyboard Layout keyboard definition and voilà - I have my layout!

Thanks

Nice, looks like you weren't the first person to have this problem (nor was I the first person to suggest AHK) :)

Back