_Durandal_
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 19, 2003
- Messages
- 352
I tried searching and did not find any post with the information I was looking for...so I'll ask here.
What I'd like to buy is a fan controller that allows me to program it for different speeds. Right now I own a Sunbeam Rheobus and am happy with it. However, the first thing I noticed with it is that my Tornado CPU fan needs to be given a certain amount of voltage prior to it turning on. So, whenever my PC starts up, I'm forced to 'rev' the fan up and then back down again to a barely audible level. I've dealt with this for several years now, but thought there has to be something better...
Instead of doing that, it would be nice to program the fan controller to 'rev' up the fan automatically and after 30 seconds or so, slow it down to a pre-determined RPM (in my case 2100rpm). I have seen this type of technology used in eMachines. It is definitely noticeable to hear the fan spin up at a relatively high RPM and after a few seconds get so quiet you can hardly tell it's running. I'm not sure if other companies do it, but at least this serves as a reference point.
Is there a fan controller out there that allows for me to program how many RPMs the fans can spin at when starting up as well as after the PC has booted?
Thanks.
What I'd like to buy is a fan controller that allows me to program it for different speeds. Right now I own a Sunbeam Rheobus and am happy with it. However, the first thing I noticed with it is that my Tornado CPU fan needs to be given a certain amount of voltage prior to it turning on. So, whenever my PC starts up, I'm forced to 'rev' the fan up and then back down again to a barely audible level. I've dealt with this for several years now, but thought there has to be something better...
Instead of doing that, it would be nice to program the fan controller to 'rev' up the fan automatically and after 30 seconds or so, slow it down to a pre-determined RPM (in my case 2100rpm). I have seen this type of technology used in eMachines. It is definitely noticeable to hear the fan spin up at a relatively high RPM and after a few seconds get so quiet you can hardly tell it's running. I'm not sure if other companies do it, but at least this serves as a reference point.
Is there a fan controller out there that allows for me to program how many RPMs the fans can spin at when starting up as well as after the PC has booted?
Thanks.