• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Programing camps

aggpirate

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
222
Are there any camps/ classes that I can take for this, becasue my high school does not have them?
 
I don't know of any camps, but I'm sure they're out there. My high school didn't offer any programming classes, either, but I could still program proficiently in five or six languages by the time I graduated. All you need to learn how to program is a computer and an internet connection. Heck, all I had when I started was a calculator and a book!

There are a ton of "what language to learn" threads in this forum. I'm sure people can get you started on something if you choose to go that route.
 
Erm may I ask what city you are in?

No technology courses whatsoever?

Also, we should know at least what city or state you are in so we can get a local class for you; but there are a also many online as well.
 
If you want a class with face-time with an instructor, shoot for something at a local community college. Watch out, there's a lot of v.expensive certification-oriented stuff targeted at 'professionals' that you'll pay an arm & a leg for.

But, really, you don't need much in the way of instruction for learning the basics. Head over to http://python.org and download the software & start reading one of the tutorials. You might wanna check out How To Think Like a Computer Scientist - it's a decent intro to programming for the complete noob.
 
Get an intro book to C, and do it yourself. Seriously, even those Dummies books will help a lot as far as the basic concepts and syntax.
 
I am going to pick some books up at barns and nobel finaly a good use for all those gift cards :D
 
Watch out though. Buying programming books is an addiction....or maybe it's an addiction for me. :( I absolutely love going to Barnes and Nobles to buy programming books, I just wish I had more money to spend on them. :p
 
Jason Isom said:
Watch out though. Buying programming books is an addiction....or maybe it's an addiction for me. :( I absolutely love going to Barnes and Nobles to buy programming books, I just wish I had more money to spend on them. :p
Just use the library.
 
Yeah, your best bet is to get some intro to books and do it yourself. I've always liked the Sams Teach Yourself in 21 days series. My suggestion on language would be C++ or Java.

Just for reference of what ameoba is referring to I just went to a five day J2EE seminar a couple months ago and it was $5,000 (and that was the discount rate because my company sent the entire dev staff).
 
Back
Top