Program to test my monitor's gamut?

[U]ber|Noob

Limp Gawd
I have an 'X-rite eye one display 2' monitor measuring device.
41-r3W10p-L.jpg

I can use it with the program supplied to calibrate my monitor, but I want to see what gamut range my monitor produces for interest (showing nanometre wavelengths).

Is there a program I could use and would it likely work with the device I have, or would I have to buy a different one?

I'm new to this.

HCFR

Follow instructions in the WinDAS wpb guide for how to install the correct drivers (see the settting up software part).

then run HCFR, and click the button that measures primaries (the one with the three colored circles).

Then click on graphs, and click measures, and it will give you the chromaticity coordiantes of your primaries. Compare these values with the chromaticity coordinates of sRGB. If the triangle that connects the chromaticity coordinates of your display is larger than that for sRGB, you've got a wide gamut monitor.

You can also click graphs, CIE diagram, in HCFR to aid as a visualization.

dispcalgui/argyllcms or hcfr~

wavelength is another matter and need a spectro to do that.

Thanks, what is the cheapest way I can measure light intensity at certain wavelengths of light from monitors and tvs.

I don't need super scientific accuracy but just to get an idea.

Could I do it with a digital camera set to daylight white balance?
None of the image editing programs I currently have show nanometres on the histogram.

Last edited:
used i1pro, around 200-300
new color munki photo about ~400

don't they have some manual tool back in the high school day?

Don't really get your intend use though :confused:

You need a spectroradiometer to measure radiance as a function of wavelength. The i1 pro can do this.

Not sure why you want to do this though. You can measure gamut just fine without a spectro.

Back