I'd like to reencode all my mp3's (or most of them). First off, I'd like to take anything thats >192kbps and reencode them down to something like 160. I'd like to keep cbr 128 160 and 192 as is for now. And get rid of all vbr. Say if it can find the max (not sure if anyone encodes vbr with 192 as a max or if it goes up to say 320?) but recode to 160 or less if the max is less.
The problem I have with vbr is that a lot of my devices don't play them back properly and my countdowns for the songs are always fubar in most programs.
But my major concern is that I have too many songs >192, such that I'd be able to save over 1/3 of my space on my portable if I brought it down.
I've used a few programs before but am looking for one I could set these all as conditions and let it do it in a batch and be done with it. Ability to keep id3 tags and file names in tact would be greatly appreciated.
The problem I have with vbr is that a lot of my devices don't play them back properly and my countdowns for the songs are always fubar in most programs.
But my major concern is that I have too many songs >192, such that I'd be able to save over 1/3 of my space on my portable if I brought it down.
I've used a few programs before but am looking for one I could set these all as conditions and let it do it in a batch and be done with it. Ability to keep id3 tags and file names in tact would be greatly appreciated.