Program that prints screen and automatically uploads it?

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know about you guys, but I am damned sick of having to press "PrtScn", then open 'Paint' (like a caveman), ctrl-v the image, save it.. and then open up imageshack, log in (because otherwise you don't get a direct link), upload it and then get the link so I can post on the forums.

Isn't there an easier way?

Looks like ImageShack already has multiple ways to upload files, but all of them appear to require a physical file to upload.

Link

ImageShack used to offer a free program called QuickShot that would do exactly this, and it was pretty convenient and lightweight. But apparently it's been 'discontinued' according to ImageShack (you can still download it from other sites like Softpedia, but I'm not sure if it would still work), but you can do the same thing with SnagIt, though it isn't free.

ImageShack used to offer a free program called QuickShot that would do exactly this, and it was pretty convenient and lightweight. But apparently it's been 'discontinued' according to ImageShack (you can still download it from other sites like Softpedia, but I'm not sure if it would still work), but you can do the same thing with SnagIt, though it isn't free.

Well, QuickShot saves me the hassle of using Print, so that's a start.

It does, however, fail to upload.

ZScreen

http://code.google.com/p/zscreen/

You have to configure the keys. There are default settings already.

Currently, mine is set to "Shift + PrtScrn" to screenshot a selected window.

"Ctrl + PrtScrn" to make a selection of a screen.

You can have it set up to upload to your image hosting site of choice including Dropbox and FTP.

Screenshot-2011-11-22_02.41.13.png

In the section below, you can set where you want to upload to:

Screenshot-2011-11-22_02.42.25.png

Mine is set to simultaneously upload to both my Dropbox and FTP server.

You can also determine the quality of the image as well. Each image is auto-sorted to its own directory by date.

(And, yes, those screenshots were taken using ZScreen.)

ZScreen

http://code.google.com/p/zscreen/

You have to configure the keys. There are default settings already.

Currently, mine is set to "Shift + PrtScrn" to screenshot a selected window.

"Ctrl + PrtScrn" to make a selection of a screen.

You can have it set up to upload to your image hosting site of choice including Dropbox and FTP.

Screenshot-2011-11-22_02.41.13.png

In the section below, you can set where you want to upload to:

Screenshot-2011-11-22_02.42.25.png

Mine is set to simultaneously upload to both my Dropbox and FTP server.

You can also determine the quality of the image as well. Each image is auto-sorted to its own directory by date.

(And, yes, those screenshots were taken using ZScreen.)

Just one problem..

I have a DropBox account, and as far as my experience goes, what I usually have to do is download the photo from DB and then re-upload it to ImageShack, because when I add it here, no one can see it..

Just one problem..

I have a DropBox account, and as far as my experience goes, what I usually have to do is download the photo from DB and then re-upload it to ImageShack, because when I add it here, no one can see it..

Dropbox is free and easy. It also gives you a public link to the photo. If you set this up right it is just, hotkey shortcut, then post link, done. This method also will upload it to imageshack and give you a direct link to the pic also.

All I did was press ctrl+prtscr and got these links. Then, I just copy and pasted the links here.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/228/ss20111123013959.jpg
ss20111123013959.jpg

and

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1211916/ZScreen/2011-11/Ss-2011-11-23_01.39.59.jpg
Ss-2011-11-23_01.39.59.jpg

Dropbox is free and easy. It also gives you a public link to the photo. If you set this up right it is just, hotkey shortcut, then post link, done. This method also will upload it to imageshack and give you a direct link to the pic also.

All I did was press ctrl+prtscr and got these links. Then, I just copy and pasted the links here.

Wow, you were right!

This ZScreen program is EXACTLY what I needed.

All I have to do is press CTRL + S and I can print screen, save the file and upload!

Thank you so much!

Back