Program does not remember its last position [Windows XP]

courteous

Weaksauce
You know how Firefox (and any of the Open Office, etc.) remember what their last position was?

Here is one that won't, no matter if I go File -> Close or File -> Exit, ALT+F4, ... I'd like to have it exactly in upper-left corner (or any other corner), but not a few pixels away from the screen edge, because then those pixels are just useless.

Here is the picture:
edge.png
How can one display image directly?:confused:

I already tried an advice of going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main in registry and delete Window_Placement (which should "re-create the Window Placement key & all should be OK").

In short, is there any other registry "trick" or how do you "force" a program to start at user's defined position? :)

This may be a limitation of the software.

What program is it your trying to position in same spot every time? Maybe if someone has it they could see if it does it for them.

What program is it your trying to position in same spot every time?

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
I was hoping for some Windows XP feature (perhaps TweakUI, but it doesn't show promise) that would do "re-positioning".

Last edited:
It's up to the program to control its positioning. If the program doesn't support it or implements other behavior (like ignoring its last position and always centering itself on the screen), that can't be fixed.

Figure out the byte values for Window_Placement and set its position to 0,0?
Do IE's Windows_Placement settings apply to arbitrary programs? What does this parameter actually apply to, desktop icons? :)

Sure there must be either 1) some registry key that controls all placements or 2) each program has its own (potential) unique registry value (e.g. XYpos)? :confused:

Sure there must be either 1) some registry key that controls all placements or 2) each program has its own (potential) unique registry value (e.g. XYpos)?
No, and no.

Back