Proggy to keep lil' sister out of EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, my sister has an account on another XP home machine in my house and I have to fix SOMETHING on that computer like at least once every 2 days. I'm sick of it. So I'm asking you guys if there is a program that will keep her out of EVERYTHING on the computer accept what I specify. I don't want her to have access to any programs on the computer, if I could block the start menu entirely it would be great. I want all keyboard shortcuts to be gone, I don't want anything to be able to be downloaded to the computer. Basically I want total lock down of everything accept a few programs that I can designate usable by putting icons on the desktop or something.

If anyone can help me find a program like this thats free, it would be fantastic. I guess I could also settle for cheap too. Thanks.

umm.. set up a limited user account for her and take away almost all priveleges.

yea well thats obvious, but its not enough. I've had her on that since the beginning. It's still too much.

then you dont know how to configure it.

um... use NTFS permissions to disallow access to the folder "Program Files" on her account.

Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
well, if you say I don't know how to configure it then tell me how to asshole.
Don't bother asking if your gonna start flaming. There are a lot of wayt to configure a user account such as Group Policies and such (gpedit). Google for that and you should be started. Next time you want help don't call somebody an asshole....asshole.

Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
asshole.

lock
the rules regarding flaming are strictly enforced

members should be able to post without fear of abuse,
flaming is a one way ticket to bansville and the mods
are really good at communicating with each other
about members that transgress this boundary
congratulations your this week's
poster child for close supervision :p

Originally posted by Stinger836
asshole.

dont rise to the bait, your warned as well
(but it was nice you continued the answer ;) just one less word was all that was needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back