Professional Video Shoulder Mount for iPhone 3GS

HardOCP News

[H] News
Have you ever just sat around thinking to yourself “I wish I looked like a huge dork?” If you answered “yes” to that question, I have a product for you. Blame Reggie for the link.

Last edited:
And then you realize it takes crappier video and pictures than sub $150 cameras.

Red Rocks Micro shoulder mount = professional video equipment
iphone != professional video equipment

stupid imo

There was a time, before the land of the interents, where people kept their dumb ideas to themselves. I long for the good old days

Lol. What a nerd does with his free time .... especially an Apple nerd (as I type this from my new Macbook Pro ... lol!)

its scary to think that this guy might get laid

A follow up article:

While done in a tongue and cheek way, the most important thing for Pros watching the video is actually the first minute. I was dead serious there. The new iPhone is a game changer… make no mistake about it.

The iPhone Video camera is clunky and not particularly high quality. There are many small video cameras and even other phones (think Nokia) with superior quality. But what it lacks in quality, it makes up for in ubiquity and ease of use. Having this phone is far easier than carrying a camera around. And being able to seamlessly upload videos to YouTube will take event coverage, from news to weddings, into an entirely new realm.

What many thought would be the tyranny of an all knowing shark, Big Brother, has been replaced with the piranha attack of Little Brother (or more accurately, Little Brothers, Sisters, and their cousins). Soon, you will not be able to buy a phone without a video camera… and because of iPhone’s ease of use, uploading will become second nature for many.

read more here

A follow up article:

While done in a tongue and cheek way, the most important thing for Pros watching the video is actually the first minute. I was dead serious there. The new iPhone is a game changer… make no mistake about it.

The iPhone Video camera is clunky and not particularly high quality. There are many small video cameras and even other phones (think Nokia) with superior quality. But what it lacks in quality, it makes up for in ubiquity and ease of use. Having this phone is far easier than carrying a camera around. And being able to seamlessly upload videos to YouTube will take event coverage, from news to weddings, into an entirely new realm.

What many thought would be the tyranny of an all knowing shark, Big Brother, has been replaced with the piranha attack of Little Brother (or more accurately, Little Brothers, Sisters, and their cousins). Soon, you will not be able to buy a phone without a video camera… and because of iPhone’s ease of use, uploading will become second nature for many.

read more here
"Delusional" comes to mind. Shit video quality doesn't make up for anything, and saying carrying a phone around is more convenient than carrying around a video camera is quite hilarious when you have a body rig over your torso.

I think that shoulder mount is overkill, but what he says is true. Having video recording and editing in the iPhone is an amazing thing. Just watch the news. How many breaking news videos do they use that come from cell phone footage?

And sure having a higher quality camera would be nice, but hey it's got to start somewhere right?

It's not like most people even professionals carry around high quality video cameras all the time especially when spontaneous things happen.

It's not like many people carry around shoulder mounts and body rigs for their cell phone either.

Have you ever just sat around thinking to yourself “I wish I looked like a huge dork?” If you answered “yes” to that question, I have a product for you. Blame Reggie for the link.

Wouldn't it be a funny advertising spoof for an Apple vs PC commercial?

Cool looking dude: I'm an Apple

Dorky nerdy guy: I'm a PC - but why the hell do I always get portrayed as the dorky guy? Have you even seen the shoulder mount kit of the iPhone 3GS??? Now there's dork!

is the iphone even a professional phone yet?

Its a fake, that is a normal HD camera shoulder mount that some nerd just threw an iPhone on.

There's a frigging follow focus wheel on the thing, the only place you'd even need that is if you have a lens with gears on the lens barrel.

Again, just someone dorking out with an actual HD camera rig, nothing to see.... :rolleyes:

Back