• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Prodigy HD2 DE, Two Thumbs Up!

CaptainMorgan

[H]ollywood
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
6,581
I cant back this up by an measurements, but ill be damned if this card hasn't been the biggest audio improvement in my 2.1 setup. It goes beyond what I expected, clean tight bass, amazing sound-stage and super neutral presentation.

I wish I had more words to describe what I am hearing, but to sum it up, this card made my speakers disappear.

And that's just with Pandora....

I cant recommend this card enough, its quite impressive.

Edit: With further listening beyond Pandora, I would also like to add that this card puts everything in its proper "place" so to speak, I can clearly differentiate between instruments, sounds and even the most subtle details in the music. Nothing is blended together. With a good quality set of speakers and amplification, your in for a real treat.

My 2.1 is as follows:

Set of AV123 ELT525M Monitors (Soon to be replaced with Ascend CMT-340's), Cambridge Azur 540A V2 Integrated, Outlaw LFM-1 Compact.
 
Last edited:
I would also like to add that this card must also put out the proper voltage for the pre-amp outs. Between my on-board and an Audigy card, at the same volume on the amp, it puts out ALOT of sound, im talking a good 6db or more. Its enough to actually rock my room now, before wasn't even close.

This thing continues to surprised me. I have a nice sub hooked into the system also, and it used to sound strained (I sort of cringe thinking about that same bass distorting my speakers). Now, no matter the volume, I get tight, clear, well-defined bass. I would not have thought Onboard was so bad, but I guess adding better components into the mix really can change what you hear drastically.

I would love to try this vs the ST, but I could not imagine the Xonar to be $100 better..
 
Back
Top