Procurve 1810 24G

StefanPeeters

Weaksauce
Hello everyone,

I have a question about setting up vlans on 6 procurve 1810. The aim is to set 5 vlans. I looked on the internet but could not find a good explanation. Eventually I then ended up on this forum. I hope someone can help me. Standard has procurve vlan 1. When I set vlans, I don't make any changes on 3 ports. One for my connection, the server and uplink to the router. After setting vlans, I connect another PC to a vlan I created but I could not connect to the internet. On the DHCP server, I created different scopes. They are also not divided to the switches. I'm fairly new to networking and hope there is someone who can give me clear advice on how to do this.

If you need more info, please ask me and I will give it to you. This really keeps me awake at night.:eek:

Thanks

Huh? This reads like a spam post. Forgive me if English isnt your native language but can you explain this better?

Basically, configure your VLANs, then untag the port to be used for each corresponding VLAN.

For example:

VLAN 10
name "Servers"
no ip address
untagged 1-6
exit

VLAN 20
name "Users"
no ip address
untagged 7-22
exit

VLAN 30
name "NetworkMgmt"
ip address 10.30.1.250 255.255.255.0
untagged 23-24
exit

VLAN 1
no untagged 1-24
exit

I think VLAN 1 needs to exist, even if it's fully isolated, and can't be deleted.

HTH

Basically, configure your VLANs, then untag the port to be used for each corresponding VLAN.

For example:

VLAN 10
name "Servers"
no ip address
untagged 1-6
exit

VLAN 20
name "Users"
no ip address
untagged 7-22
exit

VLAN 30
name "NetworkMgmt"
untagged 23-24
exit

VLAN 1
no untagged 1-24
exit

I think VLAN 1 needs to exist, even if it's fully isolated, and can't be deleted.

HTH

The 1810 doesn't have any CLI so the commands don't apply here.

A network diagram would help immensely here.

Unless you were to apply an IP on each VLAN interface and use static routing.

You can only have 1 IP address on the 1810, it's all web managed, no CLI.

1810 is a non layer 3 switch. It will not be, unless there is something I do not know and I dont know much about HP, able to intervlan route.

You can however route on a stick if your router will support sub-interfaces.

Use your router as the gateway for all vlans respective to their appropriate connection to the routers coresponding sub-interface. It will then do the intervlan routing.

I think it should be a prerequisite for learning networking to be able to route-on-a-stick before doing it on a layer 3 switch-router.

1810s need a Router to handle vlans.

Your also forgetting that all vlans on HP switches need be tagged on the uplink port.
VLAN 30
name "NetworkMgmt"
untagged 23-24
Tagged 48 (48 port switch)
exit

Trunk with HP is not the same as Trunk on a Cisco.

This is why I use 1910 more.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support. I will try these this evening when I get home.

Hopefully I get more luck this time.

Thanks

Back