processors limited to 30 active object on screen

BEST JD TCR

Weaksauce
I was reading a computer magazine about a week ago, when I came up apon - processors are limited to only 30 active object movements on screen at a time. what this means is; if you ever played half life 2, and moved an object (or person) with the gravitygun-then you would know what im talking about. Now at times' when playing a game over & over, you start to see things fall in the same place (and the same time, you played the last time). Right?, Now making these events happen, are very time comsuming and requirer alot of people to do. Now what if you could have the video card do all the calculations, and free up the burden on the processor, and have the programers use the extra calcs' for AI. Now I did'nt make this up, the computer magazine said they may have one of these video cards coming in Christmas for PCI-E.

BEST JD TCR said:
I dont need help so thats why i didnt use the search button

While we all appriciate your attempt to add to the discussion.. This is a topic that has been discussed.

You will find that most major tech information will have a thread dedicated to it long before it makes its appearance in any hard material [ such as...magazines ]

This is why use of the search button is encouraged no matter what your posting. IF you can not find a topic with the information at hand, then feel free to create a new one.

But try to post in existing topics in the future, as excessive numbers of threads of the same topic tend to not bolster as good a conversation as it all being together could.

Back