Processor Speed Problem

endurance

n00b
Ok, well i have a 1.8 AMD in my pc.... and i just went into my "my computer" properties.... and it says Athlon 1.09ghz??? what is this about? i used to say 1.83 or something... why does it say 1.09 now.... i didnt recently do anything to my pc accept reinstall windows and stuff... did i break something or fry something???

It just sounds like Cool 'N Quiet is enabled. Try disabling it in the BIOS. You can also set your computer to Home/Office Desk in your power management options.

yea i so cant find that option in my BIOS anywhere.... i got a Lanparty a7n8x-e motherboard if that helps

Just look at what it says when doing something that uses the processor, like Prime95 or SuperPi. If it goes back to the regular speed, you're fine. No need to disable it.

All you have to do is go into control panel, to power options. Set it to Home/Office or whatever rather than minimal power management. This will disable CnQ in windows, if your not comfortable finding it in the bios.

Since you've got an A7N8X, I guess you've got a Socket A cpu, and thus you don't have cool n quiet. You also say it's normally 1.83GHz, which a 2500+ normally does (166*11).
Your chip however is running at 1.1GHz (100*11), so just go into BIOS and change the FSB from 100 to 166 or from 200 to 333.

I've never heard of a Lanparty A7N8X though.

Back