• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Processor for multiple java applications?

FrozenDevl

Jack of many, Master of None
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
368
I haven't had much luck finding out any info, so I was hoping someone here would know.
Currently I am running a Q6600 stock, and will be upgrading to the 2600k. My question is, when using Java Applications what will give me the best results to get the most parallel applications running at once?
Do I want more cores? More threads? Will OC give me more headroom?
I ask because I see benchmarks for the processors, but I am not sure how I would "convert" that to information which suits me.

Short Version:
What will let me run more parallel java applications. More cores? More threads? Will OC help me run more?
 
Back
Top