I've been looking to purchase a new computer. The last one I bought was a Dell 600m laptop. It was top of the line with a Pentium M back in the day.
After doing some searching, I realize there is a heck of a lot more processor options now. I've read a few articles, and checked out the wiki pages on Intel processor time lines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_microprocessors
That's been great and all, but I haven't really found soemthing that told me which processors are more powerful, and what they're good for. What's better a Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, Pentium Dual Core, Core i7?
I was looking at a computer which has one of these "Intel Pentium E5300 - 2.60 GHz (2MB L2,800 MHz FSB)". How does that fit into the mix? Is this a middle of the road power wise?
Thanks for your help in understanding what's out there.
After doing some searching, I realize there is a heck of a lot more processor options now. I've read a few articles, and checked out the wiki pages on Intel processor time lines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_microprocessors
That's been great and all, but I haven't really found soemthing that told me which processors are more powerful, and what they're good for. What's better a Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, Pentium Dual Core, Core i7?
I was looking at a computer which has one of these "Intel Pentium E5300 - 2.60 GHz (2MB L2,800 MHz FSB)". How does that fit into the mix? Is this a middle of the road power wise?
Thanks for your help in understanding what's out there.