• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Process Audio with your NVidia GPU? Here it is...

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
6,157
http://www.bionicfx.com/


Im not sure where to post this... Video Cards or Audio so...

This web site / company claims that you can use your NVidia GPU to process Audio... since most of the time, when you arent playing a game, your GPU is just idle... Mite as well make it do something... I dunno if this has been posted before... anymore information? comments?
I just came accross it, so i wanted to throw it out their.


Semper Fi
 
kickass another score for nvidia !!!!!!s lol i can just see them now argueing there card can proceses audio
 
Umm..not to thread crap, but:

Audio processing is what I paid $65 for an Audigy 2 for. Although I think it's really freaking cool to discover a "hidden" use for your GPU, I think you would PROBABLY get better audio processing from something built to process audio. Unless I'm mistaken here and the Nvidia chip has something awesome that I'm not thinking about....

It is pretty cool to discover that though... :D
 
If it's better quality than what's on the onboard nForce3 sound, then I'd love to have it.
 
Back
Top