Procedure for upgrading the "other" DIMM on M6805?

Magma

Weaksauce
My Emachines M6805 is officially out of warranty and I want to go from the factory 512MB straight up to 2GB of RAM. I have the two 1GB DIMMs in my hands now and was wondering if anyone has any instructions on changing out the internal DIMM. I used to run a PC service center, so I'm not exactly new to dealing with laptop internals. There are always those little tricks with each laptop design that help get work on them done faster and would love to hear of others' experience with the M6805 before I dive in and start pulling parts. Oh.. I also bought a 60GB 5400RPM drive with a 16MB cache to throw in there while I'm upgrading. :)

I tried a few searches here and read on that M6805 FAQ thread until it feels like my eyes are bleeding, but never got close to reading it all and never found the info I was looking for.

Thanks for any info you can provide! :)

Magma said:
You rule. Thanks!

Nah... just have way too much time on my hands.

I just finished the upgrade... I'm writing you from my new laptop w/1.25GB RAM. (The new RAM is internally mounted now.)

This is a VERY difficult procedure IMO. I was extremely careful not to leave traces of my wrong-doings. ;)

Incidentally, you MUST follow the procedure carefully. Don't take any of the steps for granted.

Good luck to you sir!

Thanks again. Five minutes and I'm sporting two gigs of RAM. Now I just need to figure out how to overclock it. :)

Magma said:
Thanks again. Five minutes and I'm sporting two gigs of RAM. Now I just need to figure out how to overclock it. :)

Ha... we have sick laptops now. :D

Back