Problems with XP64

quasimodem

Gawd
So I got the EVAL version of XP64 working perfectly on my nf3 lanparty 250gb and decided I liked it, went to the non eval version (when it arrived Saturday).

Here's my problem. It no longer sees the onboard NIC with the "real" version.

and now, 3com doesn't have x64 drivers either, so i'm stuck without networking after updating.

any clues?

QM

thanx

How did you upgrade? Did you do an in place upgrade while in Windows, or a reapir installation from the CD?

A good resource would be to check the microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general newsgroup over at msnews.microsoft.com

Dennis Gordon said:
How did you upgrade? Did you do an in place upgrade while in Windows, or a reapir installation from the CD?

I did an in place upgrade within windows64eval to windows64 real.

then I even started over with the "real" version, no nic support for the onboard NIC.

so now, i'm awaiting answers from DFI.

back to XP32 for me :mad: at least for now.

unless anyone else has gotten past this.

QM

Pretty sure that your board has a Marvell LAN RJ45 connection, and there is x64 drivers on the DFI website.

per your manual:
Enable/Disable onboard LAN in the Genie BIOS setting submenu of the BIOS
then check page 107 for directions on the NVIDIA forceware network access manager

What are you needing 3com drivers for?

Yes, it does have a Marvell LAN but it's not working in the retail version of XP64 / it is not showing up, even with the drivers downloaded from the DFI website. Everything worked great on the eval version / and when I upgraded from eval to retail, i was able to get my Ti4600 working as well, under the fresh install of the retail version it didn't.

I even tried to install an additional 3com nic to get networking on XP64 working, but there weren't any drivers for it either.

So needless to say, I've given up and gone back to XP32. for now anyways.

QM

Why not just install XP64 clean? If you do this, then I can help you better from there...

Personally, I never upgrade an operating system, even if it's supported or not.

Try downloading the drivers and manualy instal them. I had this issue as well and this fixed it. Very few NIC are supported in Windows 64 release version. Try this, it should work.

Both the 3COM and the Marvall lan will need to be manualy installed. If you need any help finding drivers let me know. I can get you both and walk you through the instalation. I had a netgear NIC card that was nativley supported so I was able to get on line and download drivers. It is also possible you are not using the right drivers.

Back