Problems with X64

R08813

Weaksauce
I've just recently upgraded my box.. Although I had a 64-bit cpu before, with my new FX-55 and 2 SATA hdds I thought maybe it was time I installed X64 and got the most out of my system. So I obtained Windows XP X64 pro edition. I installed it on my RAID array with my driver disk and everything went fine. But when I went to boot for the first time, it just reset. It brings me to the OS choices prompt (because I still have XP home installed on my IDE drive), and I select X64, then it brings me to that stupid "windows did not boot properly" screen or whatever the hell it says. I try all the different options, but after I select anything (i.e. safe mode) the screen goes black for a second, then it restarts and brings me to the same screen. XP home still works fine running on the IDE drive, but it just restarts over and over when I try to boot x64. Here are my specs:

FX-55 / Asus A8V Deluxe / 1GB Corsair XMS pro / ATi 9800XT / 1x120gb IDE Samsung / 1x200gb IDE WD / 2x250GB SATA Seagate Barracuda / 500W COLORSit PSU / ATi TV Wonder LE / Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat / LG Super Multi CD/DVD-+RW / Sony 24x CD-RW / Thermaltake Xaser3 VM2000A / Koolance Exos Al external liquid cooling unit / Zalman CPU waterblock

Might try getting the very latest drivers for the F6 thing with the floppy, or possibly creating your own slipstreamed custom XP64 install CD with the SATA already integrated using nLite.

Hope this helps...

Back