Problems with X1950 pro

ELox

Limp Gawd
Long story short I just picked up a X1950pro second hand and swapped it in to upgrade from my X800GTO2.

I installed the latest Catalyst drivers and started up ET:QW to see how it would run now. I noticed there is quite a bit of flickering walls and tearing going on especially when the card is drawing things that are in the background.

I then tried playing some WoW and it's even worse in WoW lot's of tearing, flickering and strange vertexes shooting across the screen. Even the login screen had graphical anomolies and areas where the text looked shattered. Also would get some bluish splotches from time to time.

Tried playing either game for a bit and temperatures are about low 50's according to CCC. I figured I might have a driver problem but I tried a half dozen other catalyst drivers and some omega drivers and no luck at all. I also ran driver cleaner pro before installing the drivers too.

Lastly I ran 3dmark2006 and the first test was getting like 5fps and showing same graphics problems as gaming.

System stats:

P4 dual core 2.8Ghz
2GB RAM
Intel 945 Mo/bo

Switched back to my X800 and no problems.

Will I be able to RMA this card with ATI? It's an ATI manufactured card.
Suggestions?

UPDATE:

ATI told me the card is out of warranty so I can't RMA the card. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Here's a picture of what 3dmark06 first test looks like.

visuals.jpg

If it's an AGP card, make sure you install the AGP hotfix for the latest drivers or go back to Catalyst 6.7 or so.

put a fan blowing air to the card, replace thermal paste and with ati-tool increase the fan speed for better cooling.

Back