Problems with the Latest MS Patch Released 4/11/06???

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by DV8_1999, Apr 12, 2006.

1. DV8_1999

DV8_1999 n00b

This morning I was going to update my iPod with some new songs before I left for work.

I turn on my PC and copy the songs to my iPod..... Just like normal. In the mean time knowning that yesterday was MS Patch day I download the patches from Microsoft and left them install.

My PC asks to reboot as per the normal routine with a patch in installed..... No probelm.

I was going to let me PC reboot the open iTunes and 'eject' my iPod.

Well when my PC finishes the loading of the OS... It throws up a message stating that it can't find my profile. I was like WTF over?????

Does any one know how or why this happened?

Someitmes during boot when my ipod is connected it will cr4p the b3d during the OS load and throw up that lovely Microsoft Safe Boot Menu.

Am I dealing with that or and I looking at something bigger hear?

How do I get my profile back?

Help?

I'm at work so I can't do very much about it but find out what to try......

Oh yes since all of my files were in folders under my documents.... Does loosing my profile mean that I lost my documents?

2. MorfiusX

MorfiusX 2[H]4U

Your profile probably isnt "lost", you probably have something corrupted. I've seen the ntuser.dat get corrupted by imporper shutdowns.

All of you files will be in your profile under "Documents and Settings". Log in as another administrator, move the folder that is named the same as your username to some place else. Then log back in as your regular user. This should re-create your profile. You can then copy your files froom the folder you moved earlier.

3. DV8_1999

DV8_1999 n00b

You were right....

I had a bad shut down.

When I booted my PC up last night what I got home everything was working normally.

Thanks!

:)