• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with the Egg

MyWingnuts

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
29
Hello everyone!
Knowing that my first post here at the [H] is a rant kind of pisses me off but here I go………

A few weeks back I purchased a LSI Logic MEGARAID SATA 150-6 PCI SATA from NewEgg to be used in a 1.2 Tb server I am building for a client. Upon Receiving the LSI card I inspected the package and was pleased with the packaging. I thought about the picture of the LSI MEGARAID that was displayed on it and was anxious to try it out. What do I find after opening the box? It's an Nvidia MX AGP video card, also included was an opened CD case with some scribbles in pencil displaying Dev\hda. It appears that NewEgg sold me a restocked item and some how the RMA department let a $50 MX video card pass for a $300 RAID controller. For the past two weeks I have tried to get this corrected from NewEgg and still do not have an answer as to whether they will or will not replace it. I have done business with NewEgg for 3 + years spending almost $20,000 on them so this kind of pisses me off! Stay tuned and I'll let you guys know what happens.
 
i have never had a problem with them... but i hope you get the right card :(
 
If Newegg does not correct it you will need to contact your credit card company. Explain that you did not get what you paid for (paperwork may be required). I have had to do this a couple of times.
 
Well an interesting note is that I purchased it using the NewEgg PREFERRED ACCOUNT so I don't know exactly how well starting a claim with them will work however it will be a Last resort..
 
I have come to look elsewhere. i would suggest you rate/post them at Reseller Ratings, newegg and most vendors tend to pay attention to the sqeaky wheels who voice their discontent.

I bought just under $400.00 worth of components, and had a problem with a video card. i requested a RMA, and shipped it back when i got a RMA#.

they received the card, and without calling or even emailing...refunded the original price of the card, leaving me with no card, no warning and out shipping. without so much as a apology.

if after posting, and no response or they decide contrary to what they should do...i would call you CC company, and begin procedures to correct the problem yourself. it seems once they make their mind up...that is it. too bad, they used to be the 1st place i went looking (and usually purchased from) :(
 
I seriously hope newegg doesn't forget that customer service is what made that place what it is. I would hate to see the day when I have to order from a different supplier. I have put thousands of dollars of business through them and I have not found another place equal in price or product. I guess there will aways be another company that will pop up and beat them out...and the cycle will continue.

Keep us up to date.
 
Back
Top