Problems with Sleep & Vista > USB

msny

2[H]4U
Lately, about the last 2 weeks or so when I take the system of sleep mode my USB devices are not found. It takes a reboot, then all is well again. I've had Vista Ultimate since early March. no issues until now.

Wondering what might be the problem.

Is it Vista or something else?

USB's I have are 2 iPods, digital camera, 2 printers - photo and regular and a Hauppage TV card.

Any ideas appreciated...thanks

Microsoft has posted 2 seperate hotfixes for the usb in Vista. One was related to the nvidia board and not detecting usb after awaking from S3, and the other was USB devices not powering back on after S3 or S4; this was the issue I was having.

If you do a google on Vista USB Hotfix, you should be able to locate the one that is directly impacting your setup.

Microsoft has posted 2 seperate hotfixes for the usb in Vista. One was related to the nvidia board and not detecting usb after awaking from S3, and the other was USB devices not powering back on after S3 or S4; this was the issue I was having.

If you do a google on Vista USB Hotfix, you should be able to locate the one that is directly impacting your setup.

Got a link or KB number on other update after S3/S4 sleep?

Can't find it with google

Back