Scubastevie00
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2004
- Messages
- 200
I installed the card in my newly built machine and everything was working fine besides I couldn't get the drivers cd to work... Whatever.. So I went on ATI's site and downloaded the newest catalyst drivers. Everything seemly works fine and I can run Doom 3 fine. Now I try to run tomb raider that I got with the card. Everything starts going down hill quickly. In fact the intial game freezes when the game gets to the intial choices menu. Alright maybe its just the game but noooo.. I try a game that isn't very reliant on video, Evil Genius. Run the game and it locks up the computer too. I get the message from the catalyst that says its using the GPU recovery because the card isn't responding to the commands given to it anymore. Its becoming really random. It did it while I was writing this post also. Anyone have any ideas? The drivers are the current ones listed on ATI's site and I have SP2.
Specs on machine:
AMD64 3200+ H20 cooled
Abit KV8 Pro board
Sapphire 9800 Pro Atlantis 128MB
512 Corsair 3500 XMS
2 seagate 72 gigs SATA running RAID0
Vantec stealth 420W power supply(I think)
Also I know there are no problems with heat as my proc is running at 29C and the case is opened right now and the fans are on full blast. Its sounds like a jet taking off. The card is also not OC'd at all. I actually tried to underclock it to see if that would help but nope...
Specs on machine:
AMD64 3200+ H20 cooled
Abit KV8 Pro board
Sapphire 9800 Pro Atlantis 128MB
512 Corsair 3500 XMS
2 seagate 72 gigs SATA running RAID0
Vantec stealth 420W power supply(I think)
Also I know there are no problems with heat as my proc is running at 29C and the case is opened right now and the fans are on full blast. Its sounds like a jet taking off. The card is also not OC'd at all. I actually tried to underclock it to see if that would help but nope...