problems with sampling music on amazon

mulebennett

Limp Gawd
basically my dad is riding my ass to help him figure out what's wrong with our computer. he uses the computer mainly to preview/listen to music off sites like amazon.com, cduniverse and other music sites before he buys cds. this is the only thing he really does besides checking email and other browsing.

for whatever reason, he keeps asking me to clean up programs that i'm not using. i cleaned up a bunch of stuff that we didn't use and all of the sudden amazon.com (only amazon, cause the rest of the sites work fine for playback) won't let him preview music. it gives him this error with windows media player.

so i downloaded the newest WMP (version 11 i think?) and tried to download drivers for our sound card, but i dont think that's the problem considering playback in general is fine, just not on amazon.com. both windows media player and "music sampler" don't work.

the error message i keep getting is: C00D11B1

does anybody know how to go about fixing this? i tried a system restore...shrug... but to no avail. my dad is a total computer hypochondriac and is planning on taking the computer to the computer store and having them re-install windows :rolleyes:

[H]ELP!!!!

I can't remember where, but I found this info in a post on another site.

Open Media Player and:
1. Select Tools
2. Select Options
3. Select Network
4. Uncheck RTSP/UDP
5. Select Apply
6. Select OK

You should be ok at this point.

Back