Problems with printers at a Dental Office

Skylinerecording

Weaksauce
I have a consulting job coming up at a dental office and they are saying the network completely bogs down when you go to do a print job in there dental software. The software they are using is from Dolphin Imaging and Management and the printers are HP's don't know the exact model. Also this is a remote office where this problem is occurring. They told me they have been talking to Microsoft and they are saying the printer drivers are conflicting in some way and that is the problem. Has anyone run into this problem or heard about and is there a solution to it.

How are the printers setup? IP printers? Or local printers..such as parallel cable or USB cable?

If IP networked printers...are the workstations printing to them directly? Or...the better setup....are they printing through the server share to the printer?

If they are networked printers...is IPX and CrAppleTalk disabled..which is usually not needed?

If they are networked printers...are they on static IP addresses (hopefully)

Some software prefers a certain driver....so try using PCL5e drivers, PCL6 drivers, PS drivers, and sometimes on newer printers...I've had better luck with some software by using older legacy drivers...such as the trusty HP LaserJet 4 or 4 Plus drivers.

Well I finally got the whole story and there are several more problems then I was told and the printing problem was a problem with print spooling that is being resolved.

Back