Problems with Nforce Drivers and Nero??

banjo5150

Weaksauce
Has anyone here, had any problems with Nero working correctly with the Nforce Drivers? When I installed the nforce drivers I also installed the nforce IDE driver, but Nero seems to not like that IDE driver from the nforce package. When I burn a cd it gets to like 5% and drops everytime. I removed my nforce drivers reinstalled them and said no to installing the IDE driver and Nero now works. Has anyone hap problems like this?

Also is there a big improvement using the Nforce IDE driver over the one that Microsoft provides with Win XP?

Thanks

I've seen other posts advising not to install the Nvidia IDE drivers as they cause problems. I have them installed with no problems, but I may just be lucky.

I installed them in several computers with no problems, the trick i think was a clean install :D

OldMX

I'm using the nForce drivers with the IDE driver installed, and Nero 5 & 6 work just fine.

Ok thanks for the replies. I was using the Nforce drivers and the IDE driver was causing the problem with Nero working.

The system is
Epox 8RDA+
2500 Barton Athlon XP
512 MB pc 3200 ram
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

At least they can give you the option to not install the IDE driver.
Also the CD Burner is a Lite-on maybe the burner does not like the Nforce IDE driver.

Thanks edsbar60 that was a good read. Those IDE drivers seem like a hit or miss kind of thing.

Back