Problems with new build, installing x64 VISTA

mobusta1

2[H]4U
I have a newly built PC and I am trying to install vista x64. It goes through black windows is loading files fine. But it hangs up at the intial start of the installing vista. No words or anyting else comes up. I can move my mouse around and for the first 5 seconds i see an hr glass but that dissapperas and than nothing else comes onto the screen. Any help please?

Ok so I tried 3 different copies of vista and I got the same result. I tried to install xp 32 and that went all the way through to the install screen and at that point I restarted my computer cause I new everything in the computer was fine. Than I also tried to install xp 64bit and that also worked fine. I dont get why I'm having problems with vista?

figured out the problem. It's just an insane wait time for the process to exactually start. Boy do i feel stupid lol :p

I had the same thing happen to me. I took the disc out after waiting for about 10 minutes and as soon as I did that, things started happening. I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Back