problems with my 7800GT !!!HELP!!!

krouch

Limp Gawd
This is weird because i just bought the EVGA combo and i had installed it using my evga motherboard. During gameplay in CS i freeze at times with my old psu and my new psu. My old psu is a 420 watt OCZ powerstream and my new one is a 600 watt Ultra Infiinity. At first i thought it was the mobo so i switched it out with a ECS A939 motherboard. When i switched motherboards my freezing would stop in cs but it was because the mobo had never deteced my cpu as a dual core so i updated the bios and it started again. So the freezing only occurs when my dual core is detected. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Computer Specs
-Amd athlon 3800 X2
-160 GB Maxtor Sata hd (also tryed another hd and it still had the same problems)
-1 GB dual channel OCZ Platinum Edition Ram
-Evga Mobo 133-K8-NF41 and also ECS A939 (still have problems with both mobos)
-Power Supply
1)OCZ PowerStream 420 watt
2)Ultra Infinity 600 watt

Right now i have no clue of what it is. It has to be my video card or ram. I doubt if it is the ram tho =(

HELP ME!!!!!

Its probably not the vid card or memory, but instead the dual core X2. I experienced the same brief freezes in FEAR and installing the Microsoft dual core CPU hotfix and the AMD X2 driver completely took care of it. A quick search for dual CPU & games will show that there's actually a bunch of problems that people are having, and virtually all of them can be resolved by installing the items mentioned.

Elias said:
Its probably not the vid card or memory, but instead the dual core X2. I experienced the same brief freezes in FEAR and installing the Microsoft dual core CPU hotfix and the AMD X2 driver completely took care of it. A quick search for dual CPU & games will show that there's actually a bunch of problems that people are having, and virtually all of them can be resolved by installing the items mentioned.

did u also update the registry after installing the microsoft dual core cpu hotflix?

You don't need to. The Microsoft hotfix KB article states that the registry change is used to disable the hotfix.

Back