problems with my 7800 gt

lozaning

2[H]4U
looked arouned and i did not find anything like this.
i installed bf2 and my new bgf 7800 gt. i have the altest drivers and the bf2 patch applied. i was able to play the game for hours on end, then i had to turned off my computer and came back after a while and and wanted to play again. now when i open up bf2 or any half life 2 the game ea logo displays for a socon, then i exit to the desktop i can click the minimized bar and reopen the game, but only to have it reminimize a couple seconds later.

also on a second note when i was playing i never had a frame rate of below 50, but every 3-4 second my guy would stop responding to my keyboard controls, but i was still able to look arounf and fire with my mouse, any ideas

Are you by any chance running the Folding @home graphical client? It can cause this sort of behaviour.

lozaning said:
yes i am i should make my way into the top 1000 very soon

Try closing FAH before you start the game. I had the same type of problem with FarCry and sometimes with UT2k4 (automatically minimizing the game). Incidentally, if that is your problem, the console version of FAH doesn't seem to cause this problem.

As for the key board issue, I can't say.

also on a second note when i was playing i never had a frame rate of below 50, but every 3-4 second my guy would stop responding to my keyboard controls, but i was still able to look arounf and fire with my mouse, any ideas
This could be your PC loading stuff onto your pagefile (or system memory I forget which). This can happen if you have 1GB RAM or less. BF2 is inefficient in this way.

Back