• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problems with my 4850 x2

donjonson

n00b
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
12
I just set up my machine:

Cori7 920
HD4850X2 (2G)
6G ram
ASUS P6T mobo
corsair TX650W psu



here is my problem. I run 3D mark vantage (came with card) and I get the following problems.

the water is going crazy meaning the waves peak so high that the go through the roof and eventually all I see is stretched water all over the scree. Also the FPS is very low. my gpu score is around 4800 I should be getting around 12000 with this card.

CCC detects both GPU's and crossfireX is enabled. I enabled ATI overdrive and both GPUs pass the clocking test. I wanted to monitor the GPU speeds so I opend up 2 sessions of GPUZ to send the sensor data to two seperate log files. then I played the crysis demo for about 10 mins. I closed teh Crysis demo and opened the two logfiles. only one of the GPU's was being used. overdrive increased the clock speed and the GPU usage was at 99% while the other GPU repored 0% usage and 500MHz clock speed.

I have tried 3 different driver versions with no success. So I guess what I am wondering is, is this a problem with my gfx card, some ASUS compatability issue, or a driver issue. is there some kind of diagnostic I can run on my card? I dont want to go through the hassle of RMAing my card just to have the replacement perform the same way. Any ideas?

also is there any advantage at all to this card over two 4850's in crossfireX mode? I might just return this for two of those if it comes to that. I have read people have quite a few problems with this card.
 
CCC detects both GPU's and crossfireX is enabled. I enabled ATI overdrive and both GPUs pass the clocking test. I wanted to monitor the GPU speeds so I opend up 2 sessions of GPUZ to send the sensor data to two seperate log files. then I played the crysis demo for about 10 mins. I closed teh Crysis demo and opened the two logfiles. only one of the GPU's was being used. overdrive increased the clock speed and the GPU usage was at 99% while the other GPU repored 0% usage and 500MHz clock speed.


what OS and drivers are you using ???

what kind of card was in there before (if any)


this seems very strange, I have not had any of the problems you are describing


I have read people have quite a few problems with this card.

hmm, where have you read that? I haven't seen to many problems, usually the issues are driver or OS related.
 
can the crysis problem be related to xfire profile for that game? do you have to enable xfire in a .cfg or the launch .exe? i havent played crysis since quad sli last year.
 
Back
Top