Problems with multiple raid cards?

NerdzRule7

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
244
I'm looking into buying a second highpoint rocketraid 454 controller card for my system. I currently have one of them, in a 64bit pci slot in my dually. I was wondering if having two of the same cards in the only two 64bit pci slots would cause problems? i'm unsure of how well they would share irq's and the like, and if the bioses of both cards might conflict or something of that nature. Anyone have experience in a similar situation?
 
I've used two 3ware 64bit cards in one system with no problems. But 3ware does say on their website that they support multiple cards in one system. You might want to double check with promise technology about that question.
 
highpoint does say that it should support up to 4 cards at one time, which is good then. anyone have experience? i'll prolly be buying at this point anyways but i just wondered if there was any positive/negitive feedback out there as well. thanks-The_nerd
 
Back
Top