• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with moving in counter-strike!

topslop1

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
3,185
I'm having problems moving in counter-strike. When I am crouched I can't move backwards or to the right. I have no problem moving any other direction but sometimes I also can't move right. What's going on ? Is this keyboard related? How can I fix this? Thanks.
 
try a different keyboard, if you dont have an extra, borrow a friends or a neighbors just for a couple minutes, if it works with the different keyboard, you know what your problem is. If the problem continues, then i have no idea
 
Yeah, sounds like your keyboard, some don't work too hot when you start pushing multiple keys.
 
I tried the Logitech Elite Keyboard that I'm using right now and it doesn't work and I tried a Logitech normal keyboard and it didn't work either.
 
Yup, it works fine in any other game and it's just a counter-strike specific problem it seems.
 
I think I may have experienced this before on a friends comp or something. What happens if you choose different keys from a different part of the keyboard?
 
I'm not gunna switch from my beloved WASD. I checked control config and it's fine.. =\ weird.
 
Check your forward/side/back speed and make sure they're at the default values or you can try completely uninstalling steam and then doing a full install. I had that problem before and a full reinstall fixed it. Steam is beyond random with its problems, my friend can't see r's and j's in chat -_-
 
Originally posted by chinese
Check your forward/side/back speed and make sure they're at the default values or you can try completely uninstalling steam and then doing a full install. I had that problem before and a full reinstall fixed it. Steam is beyond random with its problems, my friend can't see r's and j's in chat -_-

When you do the forward/side/back speed thing IN GAME don't for get to type in "timerefresh" (i think it's timerefresh) in the console right AFTER you're done typing the forward/side/back speeds. If that doesn't work try deleting your config.cfg file in cs folder and do a reinstall.
 
I would just uninstall and then reinstall Steam. If you have a lot of custom maps, go to Program Files>Steam>SteamApps>"your email address>counterstrike>cstrike (I think this is the path off the top of my head) and copy your whole cstrike folder and save it somewhere else. I left my configs and everything there.

I recently did an uninstall/reinstall cause my sound started getting cracky and muffled. Then one day I could not launch Steam. I was up and running in a half hour. After downloading, it takes a little time for the updates to occur. Then load CS and enter any game. Test to see if your problem is there. If not, then copy your cstrike folder over the existing cstrike folder. Test again. If no problem exists, then good deal. If you get the problem again, I would just do another clean uninstall/reinstall. Should be quick since you have already downloaded the Steam program. One important reminder though, write down the IP addresses for the items on your favorite list. This was the only thing I lost.
 
I re-installed it and still I get the problem. Holy Sh!t this is ridiculous. All I need to do is get this to work!
 
Its your Ati Drivers. And yes I know this!

There was (is?) a bug in a few of ATi driver releases that were causing key mapping glitches in CS. I use to have it myself.

I no longer have it thank god. What version cats are you running?

Go in game and turn numlock on. It still happens but a little different right?

Im 99% this is your issue. Dont go buying an new keyboard like everyone told me to do... (I can tell a faulty keyboard :rolleyes: )
 
Originally posted by topslop1
I'll try out the numlock and see how she runs..

I'm running 4.1 Omega Cats.
Numlock doesnt solve it.. It simply reverses it... For instance.. Everytime I tried to move forward it would crouch and move at the same time in a jittery fashion... Turning numlock on fixed that but then I couldnt crough and move, it would stand me up...

You issue may not be the catalyst bug but it sounds very similar..
 
After toying around with the Numlock I could move to the right while crouched but still no movement for crouched while moving backwards. Very odd...
 
Originally posted by topslop1
After toying around with the Numlock I could move to the right while crouched but still no movement for crouched while moving backwards. Very odd...

You've got the bug... Sadly.. I have no idea how I got rid of mine...
 
isnt there something u can type in the console? i forgot what it was.......but there is something, lol
 
Originally posted by GOD'SlittleSERVANT
isnt there something u can type in the console? i forgot what it was.......but there is something, lol
your not thikning on spec_menu 0 are you? That only fixes not being able to talk or check scores when dead...

That happens if your killed while crouching... the crouch key never releases so it thinks your always in spectator mode..
 
Did you get it fixed yet? There's new Omega 4.2 drivers out, might want to try that? Just a suggestion.
 
I'll give the 4.2's a shot and see how they do.. Wish me luck.

update: no luck. the 4.2's are shit as well.
 
Originally posted by topslop1
I'll give the 4.2's a shot and see how they do.. Wish me luck.

update: no luck. the 4.2's are shit as well.
its not just the driver... its a clash between that and something..

Man I wish I could remember how I fixed it...

Throw all your specs and current config at me and maybe it'll hit me again..
 
420 watt Turbolink PSU
Abit Nf7-s Nforce 2 mobo
2500+
512mb Muskin Pc 3500
80 gig western digital
cdrw
dvd
audigy2
logitech elite keyboard
logitech mx 300 mouse
xp pro -
4.2s
3.13s nvidia
latest itouch drivers
mcafee virus scan

Hope this helps out.
 
Check what you shift button is assigned to , I got this bug after going from nvidia to ati , it would strafe randomly in cs whichever direction , I realised from some reason the shift was getting activeted (which is walk for me) ,reassigned and problem was gone.
 
Back
Top