Problems with memory upgrade

SparkedFire

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bot another stick of Kreton 512MB DDR433 for a total of 1GB. It came in today. I poped it in my rig and i couldn't even get into the windows loading screen. Eventually i got to the log-on screen, i type my password and it freezes. I got random erros during this whole time like the famous BSOD, or hard drive shut downs. The puter crashed left and right. I tried multiple configurations and brought my CPU to stock speeds. Both modules work by themselves, but not together. Here was my config druing the problems:

3.06GHz P4
Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra with the latest BIOS
1GB of Kreton DDR433 w/ 2-3-3-7 timings, and 2.6v
40GB WD hard drive

I recieved no problems getting the machine to post. I have had problems with this mobo accepting more than one stick, or any stick for that matter. I am going to contact Gigabyte tomorrow. Thanks for your help and comments, I'd like to be running on 1GB not 512MB ;).

Maybe its your memory??? Try a different type of memory.

Yes, i have attempted to run the memory in many different configurations. I have had problems in the past when using more than one module. I do not have another motherboard to test the modules in, nor other modules to test.

If its not the memory itself, I have seen a memory voltage increase and possibly even a BIOS flash fix this kind of problems.

i'll try uping the voltage to 2.7v later to see what i get. I am running 2.6v now, so i dont think that will fix the problem. I am running the latest BIOS update.

Back