Problems with Lotus Notes

sinitry23

Weaksauce
i'm having problems with my work email. I am using Windows 2000 with service pack 4 installed and all of the update installed as well. The version of Lotus Notes I have is 6.5

The problem I am having is that I can not connect to my work server to check my email. This problem is an on and off thing. does not happen all the time. I've try changing the computer to a whole different computer. I've also try upgrading the memory to 1 gig and still the same problem. I am pretty sure it's not the computer system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? i get an error message saying that I can not connect to my server and it times out. I know all of the settings in Lotus notes are correct because I can connect sometime.

Is it possible that my user ID is corrupted?

Thank

User ID has nothing to do with connectivity. It is a authentication mechanism to the database, whether it's your mail file or another database. If you had a User ID issue you'd get an access denied issue.

What I would do is probably go ahead and create a connection document to your server. That would help if your dealing with a resolution problem. What does your support staff say? Can you ping the mailserver by name when you are having these issues?

Are you "extranet'ing" into work or have some other kind of tie into their network?
If you go to your Address Book -> Advanced -> Connections are your email servers defined in there? Can you get an IP of them and try to ping it?

When my users have issues replicating even though they can ping the server we usually delete the connection documents and recreate them from scratch.

Back