• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

problems with Laptop on button

vseshad

Weaksauce
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
109
sometimes I have to press the button for a while, multiple times for it to turn on. maybe up to around 2 min total at the max. what could possibly be causing this problem? I bought it recently. It's a lenovo. bought it from microcenter. would they fix it on this one if I wnated instead of getting a new one. could this small prblem get worse /degenerate into something worse?
 
When you have to press it multiple times, is that because it comes on momentarily and then turns off again, or is it you press it until it turns on?

If it's the latter, I suspect it's a bad connection between the plastic button and the switch on the board below it.
 
well I called Lenovo last night and they said it's probably I software button so I formatted the hd with the one-key recovery button. after the partition the system comes back to normal as though I bought it new. i left the computer on overnight ill see if i tworks tomorrow
 
Back
Top