problems with hauppauge pvr-150

R08813

Weaksauce
Well, I recently installed a hauppauge pvr-150 in an HP pavilion 552w. I also installed a GeForce 6200 agp vid card because the onboard vid doesn't support overlay. I also happened to install a pci USB/firewire card at the same time (unrelated to pvr project). The two problems I'm having are random restarting and no audio. I have installed and updated the vga and tv-tuner drivers as well as the latest BIOS update for this board. I have tried the included WinTV2000 software, which doesn't pick up a signal at all on s-video, composite, or coax. I've tried BeyondTV, Blaze media pro, STOIK capturer, ChrisTV, and FX Vid Cap. Blaze, Stoik, and FX pick up the video, but no audio with component or coaxial. Nero 7 Ultra is the closest I can get... I start it up and click "capture video". Then it loads and asks me if I want to test the device. The first step asks me to pick the input of the capture device. I pick Tuner and I get sound, but a scrambled picture. I click next and pick my region (USA). Then it asks me for the video mode. I pick NTSC 75 IRE and it shows video with the sound, so I click next. It asks for the input connection type and I pick Cable. Then it scans the channels and finds channel 3. I click next and it says "Error while testing the capture device. The test was aborted.I click OK and it brings me to the capture video screen and displays video, but there is no audio! The main focus of this project is not to turn the pc into a pvr, but to capture video from the TiVo / VCR / ect.. and burn it to DVD.So I don't need software with tuning and programming guides. Just capture and burn... Any ideas???
I also tried upgrading from the stock PSU to an antec TrueBlue 430W...

Well, I hooked up coax funning from the tivo to an ati tv wonder card I had sitting around and that took care of the restarting problem, but there was still no sound. I'm not sure which audio input to choose when using coax. Most of the options are line in, mic, aux, composite, stereo mix, mono mix, ect... Stereo and mono mix just give off a horrible static noise. I tried running sound seperate from the coax to the onboard line in and it didn't work... I decided to update the audio driver (SiS 7012) and halfway through the driver installation there was sound coming from the Line in!! I guess my solution is running the ATi capture card with composite/coax in for video and a seperate line in... Unless anyone has any other ideas. I'm guessing not.. Just kinda figured it out on my own.

the pvr-150 when using coax does not require a sound input... it get sound from the coax..

have you installed all the drivers for the pvr-150?

you can use microsoft movie maker to try and record some video to see if it is working..

i have used a pvr-150 along with many other tv tuner cards and have had no problems...

not sure what is actually going on here

Hmm wish i could help as well. I did have problems getting video on WinTV2000. For some reason its a PITA with my satellite, however when I installed beyond tv it worked fine.

lol... I just realized one of my biggest probs!!! I had the same prob with my tuner card when I installed it on my box (this one is for a customer). I forgot to run a cable from the Aux OUT to the line in lol... Sometimes I complicate things so much I overlook the basic small stuff. I'm still having a few probs though... Still no audio in SageTV... I get audio and video in Nero Vision until I hit finish during the setup, then the preview screen goes blue and there is no sound. I'm going to try Windows Movie Maker. I'm also getting some BSOD's now... IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000A... 0x0000008E atapi.sys....

*amatuer mistake!

Back