Problems with GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3

n3cr0

n00b
Hey, so just built a new rig and everything is working fine except,

The RAM is 1066 but the mobo only recognizes it as 800..
So I went to the BIOS and tried to manually set it to 1066 but that wasn't even an option listed :confused: I know the board supports it...

Sooo, I noticed the bios version is F6 but on Gigabytes website there is a newer version, FA, so I downloaded and tried to update. However, I get an error saying that this image is too big to flash hmmm

It's a 1GB file, I'm guessing it needs to be 512kb? Any help would be appreciated guys as I'm pretty confused, thanks a lot.

I GB? Wow, that must have taken a while to download. Might have a bunch of pR0n in there! J/K
Maybe try to download again. You may need to extract the files as they may have the flash utility zipped into the folder. What method are you using to flash?

haha, wow I feel retarded...meant to say 1MB. :eek: I put the file on a flash drive, and used the bios qflash program

Hey, so just built a new rig and everything is working fine except,

The RAM is 1066 but the mobo only recognizes it as 800..
So I went to the BIOS and tried to manually set it to 1066 but that wasn't even an option listed :confused: I know the board supports it...

Sooo, I noticed the bios version is F6 but on Gigabytes website there is a newer version, FA, so I downloaded and tried to update. However, I get an error saying that this image is too big to flash hmmm

It's a 1GB file, I'm guessing it needs to be 512kb? Any help would be appreciated guys as I'm pretty confused, thanks a lot.
this may be dumb but you are using a phenom right? because 1066 will not work with a X2.
having said that it sounds like you grabbed the wrong bois or the wrong utility. but looking at the site it looks like the only thing the F7F does is add 6500+ support.

Back